“Go ahead and shoot – I dare you”

A teenage motorist involved in a minor collision at a Rochester intersection saw the other driver had a gun drawn and dared the man to shoot him, and that’s exactly what happened, according to a friend who was in the teen’s car.

Muhammed Rahim, 17, of Rochester, was shot and killed about 8:20 a.m. Sunday at East River Road and 31st Street NE. A 25-year-old Rochester man with a permit to carry a firearm was arrested and remains jailed on suspicion of second-degree murder. The man, who has not been charged, told police that he was acting in self-defense.

This entry was posted in News, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to “Go ahead and shoot – I dare you”

1. Aesop says:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

2. rd says:

He was charged today.

Even if he wins, he loses.

• crazyeighter says:

Yep. And the anti-gunners have a case they’ve been dreaming of: a licensed CCW’er shooting an unarmed yoof.

3. anonymous says:

Its those ‘triple dog dare you’ that will get you in trouble . . .

4. a_random_guy says:

I’ve been in a situation similar to that. a car full of teens, just looking for someone they could gang up on. They tried to corner my car at a gas station, piled out of their car, and came looking for trouble. I managed to squeeze out and drive away – they got back in their car and followed me for miles. If I’d had a gun at the time, they might well be pushing up daisies.

Of course, if the only witnesses are this guy’s friends, the driver who was defending himself may have a problem.

5. Free Citizen says:

Got what he asked for. This is why I always carry mace along with my CCW. Something for all occasions. Rahim looks like a real A*hole. One less Muslim off of welfare and strutting around thinking he is tough. Hope that it works out for the shooter.

6. Padawan says:

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

No biggie. On less terrorist in the world.

7. rick says:

One less ISIS operative.

8. whynot says:

Its also why I have dash cams in ALL of my vehicles. Though it only shows the front, I ‘m amazed at the number of road rage incidents it picks up……

9. joe tentpeg says:

Moh’d meets the 2nd Amendment.

10. SAM says:

Assisted suicide.

11. Exile1981 says:

I suspect the story us not as portrayed in the media. The two friends were interviewed by the media together so that makes it hard to find inconsistancies in the stories.

I looked up the kids name Muhammed Rahim and its such a common name there were even 2 of them in gitmo. Looks like the bradey gun grabbers are toting him out as a victum of gun violence…. which makes me suspect the narrative even more.

• crazyeighter says:

In a case like this, I tend to believe the man with the NY CCW permit. But unless his lead attorney is Alan Dershowitz, he’s pretty much screwed.

• Mike_C says:

It ain’t New York, this was Rochester, Minnesota. But yeah, the CCW guy is fucked. White male fatally shoots a member of a double-protected class? Plus even his damned last name is “white” (Weiss) for that matter. Totally fucked.

The late Mr Rahim was from Iraq. This is a very interesting video about one man’s experience of Iraq even before the recent unpleasantness. I’m by no means endorsing everything Varg Vikernes has to say, but this is a good video.

12. noncom says:

“Gotta’ have a plan, when before you stands a man, with a gun in his hand”…..and it usually doesn’t involve daring him to shoot….there are people who would’ve done it because of the haircut….

13. Bud says:

this shithead (Muhammed Rahim) must have been the low IQ product of islamic inbreeding between siblings or 1st cousins. they are easily radicalized. wish the CCW carrier the best

14. Terry says:

Nature has her ways of culling out the really stupid ones – sometimes it just takes longer…

15. Judy says:

Didn’t Union General Sedgwick say something to that effect about Confederate snipers right before he was shot?

• Shell says:

The legend is that he was cut off in mid-sentence when admonishing some soldiers about staying behind cover. “Why, they couldn’t hit an elephant at this dist…” More truthful is the story dug out by researchers in the not-too-distant past that he finished the sentence and was cut down very shortly thereafter.

16. Sanders says:

“I was afraid for my life.”

“I’d like to speak to my attorney.”

17. truthzzzz says:

An accursed by Allah kaffir infidel has slain a soldier of Allah in battle. The infidel must be slain. Off with his head. Off with the offal pig’s head. Sharia demands the kaffir’s execution.

Live by the Sharia. Die by the Sharia. Has anyone read the news lately? Oops. My bad. The news is censored these days. I wonder how his 72 virgins are? Probably all are pigs.

Likely not allowed as an argument, but all Muslims are part of the invading Islamic Army come to conquer,plunder, and kill. Whether known to the kid or not (All Muslims know they are part of the army) that behavior is part of the actions demanded by Sharia.
    Is it unlawful to threaten a person as done.
    What is the law for killing a combatant not in uniform who is threatening a person?

18. tmckelve1 says:

Fucked and found out. I sure he’s with his 42 virgins.

19. Dave says:

Brought a mouth to a Gunfight