I’m gonna have to take a pass on that one

An Australian distiller has taken the concept of recycling to a whole new level by taking the spat-out wine at a wine tasting conference and turning it into a spirit aptly named Kissing a Stranger.

Peter Bignell, of Tasmanian Belgrove Distillery, was first struck by the idea at the Rootstock festival in Sydney, a gathering of winemakers from all over the world promoting sustainable practices in the winemaking industry. He was in a group tasting wines, and as per tradition in wine-tasting, the majority of it was spat out in a bucket. This practice enables tasters to experience a lot of different wines while avoiding drunkenness. Bignell, however, saw it as wasteful.
-Woody

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to I’m gonna have to take a pass on that one

1. pigpen51 says:

Yeah, I read about this too, and thought, I don’t want the stuff that people spit out in my mouth. It can go way down hill from there.

2. WoodBurner says:

Thats called “Back-Wash” in my neck of the woods.

3. Winston Smith says:

I have a very hard time believing that anyone drinks alcohol for any reason other than to catch a buzz. Those people are fucked up.

4. al says:

Now now …don’t be a Debby downer be Eco concent and remember ” waste not, want not!

5. fjord says:

Sustainable= retarded

And these people are sposed to be smarter than us.

6. Jbone says:

Kinda reminds me of the movie Fight Club. In the movie they steal fat from a liposuction clinic, make soap with it, then sale the “high end” soap to rich folks. Efectively selling their fat asses back to them. Lol.