Links to articles

Starting today, instead of seeing MORE to continue reading an article, you’ll be seeing MORE@ with the source.
It’s not necessarily a trigger warning

because we’re all grown-ass adults here, but some of you may not want to patronize a particular site for whatever reason whether it’s too many ads, liberal views, or whatever. Hell, maybe you’re like me and don’t want to accidentally waste one of your 10 free articles a month from the Wall Street Journal on something you’re not really interested in. This will let you pick and choose where you, the reason this blog even exists, want to go.

Anyways, there it is. By the way, for the computer handicapped, if you do want to read an article but not at that particular site, just highlight the first sentence of my lead-in, right click, then click “Search Google For…..” and it’ll give you other sources that might be more to your liking.

This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Links to articles

1. Geoff R says:

I’m not triggered,just confused,what was wrong with your old system,too simple?.

2. WiscoDave says:

At least now we’ll be spared the diatribes from the holier than thou pearl clutchers that feel the need to go on about how reading a WaPo article has forced them to go through a purification ritual…

3. bogsidebunny says:

Is the babe in the pic on the verge of one massive orgasm?

4. daddy-o says:

For the computer challenged, I suggest using DuckDuckGo as a search engine.
    Stop feeding the beast.

Also, use a Linux based operating system, and, a browser that is, say, friendly but private.
    I use FireFox, but mileage may vary.

5. Thomas Doan says:

Thank You.

6. Grayrazorback says:

I like it – should help my avoid some of the paywalls (WSJ, etc.) I run into on occasion.

7. Djamer says:

Thanks WC! hahaha

8. Sunny says:

Thanks from here too!
    sunny

9. bill says:

I don’t have a right click. All I have is a finger

• Bacon says:

Bill, there’s ALWAYS a way to access the right click. (The method depends on your mouse, your keyboard, and your operating system.)
      Try these:
      1. Try pressing your “finger”on the left side and on the right side corners of the big button. See if there’s a difference.
      If not, then
      2. Press and hold your mouse button without letting go. After holding it for a couple of seconds, see if a context menu pops up.
      If not, then
      3. Hover your mouse pointer where you want it and then try clicking the “Context” key. This is usually the “menu”-looking button between the Alt and Ctrl keys.
      If not, then
      4. Pressing Shift+F10 will work on any windows machine.

If you have a one-button mouse, search for “keyboard shortcuts” and learn to use them, it will make your life easier.

10. Tennessee Budd says:

Hell, I was already doing that–I let the cursor hover over “more”, & it told me the link. Some of them, I pursued, some I didn’t. It’s fixing a problem that didn’t exist, except for the dumbasses.
    Oh, nevermind, I get it. Nowadays we’re expected to defeat Darwinism & make shit easy for the feebleminded. I don’t have to agree, but good job–you did fix it!

• Bacon says:

^THIS^ is exactly right, Tn Budd! Anyone who doesn’t hover and find out where a link goes, BEFORE clicking it, truly deserves to wind up in the wrong place.

We all have different levels of computer knowledge, but still, I wouldn’t expect this kind of coddling to be needed by anyone on a conservative website.

(No disrespect to Wirecutter, who’s just a sheepdog looking out for the weak among us. Only disappointed in the sheep. You are in control of what you click on.)

11. kennymac says:

” maybe you’re like me and don’t want to accidentally waste one of your 10 free articles a month from the Wall Street Journal on something you’re not really interested in”

I thought I was the only one that worried about that. Thanks.

Comments are welcome, but moderated out of necessity.