Okay, this is pretty cool

-Singlestack

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Okay, this is pretty cool

1. Jeff says:

I wonder how much that would be worth if he hadn’t opened it.

2. Firebird Gunner says:

That was kinda cool…

3. Shane says:

Smells like corned beef and mothballs

4. Nwoldude says:

Pretty cool indeed!

5. warhorse says:

wiggy’s can pack one of their bags down smaller than that.

I highly recommend wiggy’s bags. the lifetime warrantee is good even of the bag is destroyed. more than one bag has been torn apart by predators, only to be fully replaced.

• One of the many Bill's says:

I’ve owned two of their bags. Now my daughter and her husband own them. Great products.

• warhorse says:

they used to advertise compressing one of their bags down into something about the size of a soda can, but I can’t find it. it was for USAF survival kits, mostly for bomber crews.

6. Andrew says:

Military issue. Everything used to come in a spam can.

Food, water, med supplies, ammo, weapons, more ammo, spare radios, batteries, manuals, even more ammo, blankets, underwear, emergency clothing, uniforms, hazmat/hostile environment suits, underwear, hard tack (not really food) and of course, ammo.

And now, sleeping bags.

Wonder if they ever spam-canned a jeep? Maybe a plane? Is there a warehouse somewhere with a couple destroyers in spam-cans?

You have to love America. The country of “It’s not moving, let’s spam-can it!”

• One of the many Bill's says:

I’d like to spam-can my mother in law. She doesn’t move anymore.

• crazyeighter says:

One of my books on the Springfield Armory shows them spam-canning rehabbed M-1 Garands after Korea.

• Andrew says:

They did it to 1911s also. Two to a tray, with mag, stack of trays about 10 high or so. Someone had some really good brains back then.

7. Trib says:

With all the metal shortages during WW2 why would the Army put sleeping bags in a spam can?

• Cpl/Major Mike says:

There was a metal shortage because they were putting sleeping bags into Spam cans, seems pretty senseless.

• Bear says:

Not WW2. “Model 1949.” “Date Packed: 1952” Not long after the Soviets detonated their first nuke. Early Cold War days. Most likely intended for a post-nuclear detonation scenario, to seal out fallout, so troops wouldn’t have to curl up in a bag full of radioactive dust. I’ll bet that came out of a Civil Defense shelter.

8. That reminds me of a T-Rat… pretty damned cool actually… thanks for the find… funny as hell that its an Ivan who posted it.

9. Dennis says:

Cold war . long term storage for emergenvy use by flight crew in case of a crash. Low tech. Durable.

10. livintoride says:

i know a guy who has 10 or 12 in his barn

11. NewVegasBadger says:

How many baby boomers out there, remember when items such as leaf tobacco and coffee came in spam cans that needed a key to open it with? Usually the key was on the bottom of the can.