Philip Morris to give up cigarettes?

Philip Morris International has made a dramatic New Year’s resolution: “We’re trying to give up cigarettes.”

What?

The maker of such cigarette brands as Marlboro, L&M, Parliament and Chesterfield took out full-page ads in several newspapers in the United Kingdom that said its new ambition in 2018 is to build a smoke-free future and eventually stop selling cigarettes.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Philip Morris to give up cigarettes?

1. bill says:

I guess they will start selling weed. Or get into prostitution?

2. Mike says:

Key word is “International”. The company is based overseas and does not own the Phillip Morris brand in the US.

3. strnj1 says:

I grew up near Richmond, VA.

Our HS Band would March each Fall in the “Tobacco Festival” Parade. The very first sign of political correctness that I remember was the year that they changed the “Tobacco Festival” to the “Fall Festival.”

4. Doc B says:

Nobody ever really quits.

5. JTwig says:

I work for a major conv. store supplier, and the sales for cigs have really cratered over the decades. We only carry and stamp a 1/4 of the cigs we did 20-years ago. Vaping only excellerated the decline.

6. I haven’t seen a pack of Chesterfields in years. For a long time when I was in the Marines, that was my brand.

7. Doonhamer says:

Chesterfields were good. I would inhale them deeply and slowly, and then exhale through the nose, slowly. I only needed/wanted a couple a night. But that was fifty years ago and now maybe the memory is telling lies. This from a remote part of Scotland. I will always be grateful.
    Slainte.