Pretty – now bring me some real food

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pretty – now bring me some real food

1. loaded4bear says:

and you know that plate of fru-fru food was $50 or more.

SMDH

• Nemo says:

I was thinkin’ $20, since there’s no green garnish (i.e. one small romaine leaf). The entree’s in this place probably start at $50.

2. Elmo says:

Plate presentation is wonderful thing… unless you’re hungry.

3. Jack Russell says:

I’d send it back and tell them to stop taking the piss!

4. STW says:

It’s a salad kit. They appear to be very popular at grocery stores now. Just how are you supposed to shake that glass of separated oil and vinegar well before using?

5. Winston Smith says:

Whats the problem. Is just looks like someone finished eating and left the parts that weren’t worth the effort..

6. nwoldude says:

If that is jalapeno cheese then I would be good…….temporarily.

7. rick says:

What in tarnation is THAT? I think I would want to slap whoever came up with that, just for even having the idea. That’s the culinary equivalent of ‘hold my beer, watch this’.

8. rick says:

My brother is a waiter at a very upscale restaurant. He scoffed at this but isn’t surprised. He called it a ‘deconstructed salad’ Apparently chefs are becoming ever more edgy in their stupid creations. He also said they are now scorching leeks or leafy vegetables to use the ashes for garnishment. Such as what you see across the bottom of the plate.

9. rick says:

“Oh goody, we’re going to Taco Bell.”, said John Spartan never.

10. David says:

While skiing in sun valley we we went to a fancy restaurant .My son who was nine at the time ordered a steak the rest of the food on his plate was fancy looking shit like this. Needless to say he wouldn’t eat it as he’s finishing the steak he says dad that’s the best steak I’ve ever had. A little while later the waitress asks if we need anything else he piped right up.(yes mam I’d like another steak without all the pretty stuff) At 48 $ he didn’t get the second one.

11. Mike_C says:

That plate is not even pretty. Crap presentation, and that cheap wineglass is revenge for the old trick of putting the tip under an upside-down glass of water.

>culinary equivalent of ‘hold my beer, watch this’.
    Maybe, though I think of it as the Emperor’s New Diet to go with his new clothes.

Comments are welcome, but moderated out of necessity.