When do we get to scream ‘Racism’?

An engineer who was fired by Google for circulating an anti-diversity memo sued the company this week, alleging that the tech giant discriminates against white, conservative men. He’s likely not alone in that belief.

There are other white men working in tech who believe their gender and race are making it difficult for them to get ahead, according to a survey by the Pew Research Center about diversity in the science and technology fields.

This entry was posted in Liberals, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to When do we get to scream ‘Racism’?

1. Mac says:

Damn right we should, like the way the article uses emotions and pseudo science (psychology) and not facts to present it’s case

2. Annie says:

I worked in high tech for years and this is the absolute truth. It has been getting harder and harder for white men and women to get a job in high tech. The last time I was laid off I spent three years interviewing with one minority manager/supervisor after another. (The diversity hires that are completely inept are pushed up into management.) English is my native language and I’m blonde haired and blue eyed so they just weren’t interested even though I am a woman. Maybe it was because I was actually qualified for the job and not just a minority quota that they could push around.

I knew a woman that applied for a county job one time and one of the questions the interviewer asked was if she was bilingual and she said yes. She got the job, passed her probation and one day was called to interpret. Then they tried to fire her saying she lied to the interviewer. Yeah, she was bilingual, in fact she spoke 3-4 languages but Mexican wasn’t one of them. I guess they didn’t have a lot of use for a Swedish speaking employee in California.
      She kept her job.

• crazyeighter says:

Perhaps they were afraid of their affirmative-action hires being made to look bad by a mere woman.

3. POd American says:

It’s that way in all engineering fields.

4. Padawan says:

I have a friend who’s a software engineer. He says it nothing like this where he works (yet) but notices it’s slowly starting to trickle in.

• Unclezip says:

I retired as a software engineer for pretty much this reason. Got tired of training Indians, Koreans, SJWs, unqualified males and females to do a job they should have known before being hired.

• Annie says:

Padawan, I think it depends on where you are and how big the company is. The closer you are to a large metropolis and the bigger the company is the worse it is.

• Annie says:

I think the worst part is that the large corporations are all international now. So they’ve got 25% of their engineers in China, 25% of their engineers in India, 25% of their engineers in other countries – mostly Europe and South America, and only 25% of their engineers in the US because, of course, diversity is important. The 25% of their engineers in the US has to be AT LEAST 50% immigrants because, of course, diversity is important. But do they require diversity in the other countries? They should, because diversity is such an important thing, right? Don’t make me laugh.

5. nwoldude says:

WC. Does niggerish count as a second language?