Democrats try to protect fake news reporters

Anti-Trump Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif. – who has vigorously promoted his own “fake news” by accusing Fox News’ Tucker Carlson of working for Vladimir Putin and claiming Trump has “instated more pro-Russia policies that America has seen in decades” – says he’s been inspired by President Trump to propose a law making it a federal crime to “intimidate” or attack journalists.

This entry was posted in Liberals, MSM. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Democrats try to protect fake news reporters

1. Unclezip says:

I treat ’em exactly the way they should be treated. I think Gen. Sherman was a despicable human being, but I agree with what he had to say about journalists.

• NewVegasBadger says:

Gen Sherman in my humble opinion was a war criminal; guilty of mass murder. If we can the Nazis accountable for crimes against humanity, then Gen Sherman is guilty of the same charge.

2. ChuckN says:

I’m all for this actually. Let it pass and the moment it is signed have the likes of
    Alex Jones send his reporters out to camp by every single Dem rep AND into
    the the MSM itself and follow their reporters around.

• Andrew says:

Ah, but you know that Alex Jones and his people won’t be considered ‘credentialed journalists’ therefore not under the protection of the law.

• crazyeighter says:

Oh, that’s simple; we’ll just set up a mechanism for a may-issue Federal Journalist License.

3. NewVegasBadger says:

Instead of this constant trashing the Russians, we ought to be thanking God and celebrating as a national holiday the birth of Stanislav Petrov. This stud, single-handedly saved the world from nuclear war on Sept 26, 1983. He choose to question then disobey an order to launch nuclear missiles. His assessment was correct. It was a false alarm, and not a preemptive strike by us (USA). Bottom line: we are alive today because of the actions of a Russian, and so are my children. It makes the movie, Crimson Tide, all the more unnerving.
    Remember too, It was Hillary Clinton that wanted a war with Russian.

4. Chuck Castagnolo says:

Unfortunately, I live in his District. Didn’t vote for him as outnumbered by Dem’s. He makes me cringe whenever I see him on T.V. He must spend the entire day with his handlers practicing talking points when he gets to be on FOX. Just repeats, in robotic fashion, what they have told him to memorize. Sad indeed.

5. De Oppresso.Liber says:

This little punk needs his lights knocked out. If he ever accused me, like he did Tucker, I’d be the who would do it.l, or any other reason he’d give me.

6. Nemo says:

Yet another demented U.S. CONgressman in the same mold as Nancy and Maxine. Yawn

7. Unforgiven says:

I think he meant to say, he’s been inspired by President Trump to propose a law making it a federal crime to intimidate or attack “journalists”.
    Which, by my standards, would still be ridiculous.

8. Bacon says:

There may be lots of ‘reporters’ who carry press credentials around, but there are very few actual ‘journalists’ anymore.

• crazyeighter says:

I see a lot of them working for the DNC while drawing a paycheck from ABC, CBS, CNN…

9. Ogrrre says:

The largest group of people in this country who are “pro-Russian” is the Dumbasscrat Party. Compare the platform and programs imposed by the Dumbasscrats and the Communist Manifesto, and you will find they are identical.