Florida problems

Before Belen Aldecosea flew home from from college to South Florida, she twice called Spirit Airlines to ensure she could bring along a special guest: Pebbles, her pet dwarf hamster. No problem, the airline told her.

But when Aldecosea arrived at the Baltimore airport, Spirit refused to allow the tiny animal on the flight.

With her only friends hours away at campus, Aldecosea was stuck. She says an airline representative suggested flushing Pebbles down an airport toilet, a step that Spirit denies. Panicked and needing to return home promptly to deal with a medical issue, Aldecosea unsuccessfully tried renting a car and agonized for hours before doing the unthinkable.

She flushed Pebbles.

This entry was posted in Florida. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Florida problems

1. Unclezip says:

Baltimore. She could have found plenty of people looking for a sex toy.

2. !siulyeh says:

I read how tormented she was, “she struggled with what to do” set it free, oh no!, “not let her run around scared in the cold, only to die getting hit by a car.”
    I fucking cracked up when read ” She flushed Pebbles”…..
    Now she’s an animal abuser.

3. LFMayor says:

Too bad Richard Gere wasn’t there. Would have been happy to help out, I’m sure. Smugggghlers Bluuuues.

4. Mike_C says:

From the link:

The U.S. Transportation Safety Administration has no problem with carry-on hamsters. “Hamsters are welcome in our checkpoint. Their container would typically go through the X-ray while the owner would hold the hamster as the passenger walks through the metal detector so the creature is not subjected to radiation,” according to TSA spokeswoman Sari Koshetz.

Waitwaitwait! So a HAMSTER must be protected from the “totally safe” millimeter-wave Rapescan (TM) machine, but it’s fine for us humans to go through it? And also note that they don’t make kids or regulars (air crew, etc) go through it. Totally safe my pasty white ass. (Yeah, I’m Chinese, but trust me on this one. Really.)

Defund, disband, and prosecute them* as needs it, the TSA.

*start with the creep who raped that Korean graduate student in a back room, continue with the thieves, and don’t forget the homosexual groper who targeted attractive (or was it large schlonged) men working in conjunction with a female naked-scan operator.

Damned TSA protects its criminals (don’t forget that they hired dozens of persons who were on their own No-Fly lists — yes, it’s that fucked up) better than the Catholic Church protects pedophiles.

• Kris says:

I flew on Spirit Airlines once. It’s more aptly named Spook Airlines. I’ve never been on a plane so dark-I’m surprised that the blacks flying don’t compare it to slave ships.

5. Joe Blow says:

Hot ass blonde chick who’s batshit crazy.

Sign me up!!!!!

6. fjord says:

Was it an emotional support hamster?

Fail.

7. loaded4bear says:

“…a pet certified by her doctor as an emotional support animal.”

Problem identified.

• fjord says:

HA ! i was wondering why an almost adult would have a hamster.

I consider hamsters and gerbils practice pets for the under 10 to prove to your parents you can take care of something.

8. singlestack says:

My favorite part of the story –

“. . .a pet certified by her doctor as an emotional support animal.”

What a face full of shit life must be if she’s so fucking pathetic that she needs an emotional support hamster – and then flushes it down a shitter.

9. Elk Tracks says:

Richard Gere
    Or a cat . . . .

10. Padawan says:

Warhorse is going to s*** bricks when he reads this. For once I’ve read something so fucking stupid its left me speechless.

11. Turd Burglestein says:

Good thing it wasn’t a guinea pig…that woulda clogged the shitter for sure.

12. Pineslayer says:

She couldn’t find a pet store in the area? Animal rescue, Humane society, hungry homeless dude. Giving blondes a bad rap.

13. Djamer says:

What a waste good cat food! And Pentobarbitol free. . .