Four Things…..

(Opinion) The left wants to talk about gun control in the wake of Nikolas Cruz’s mass murder of 17 students Wednesday at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida.

Fine. We need to talk. Something is definitely wrong with our society when this happens with such frequency and intensity.

But the left seems intent to begin with non-starters and distractions like blaming the National Rifle Association or calling for a repeal of the Second Amendment.

That gets us nowhere, and fast.

So before we can have a productive or at least an informative debate, here are a few things gun control advocates should know about the people they call “gun nuts.”
-John Deaux

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Four Things…..

1. Westcoastdeplorable says:

This is a great article and I agree with those who say “something must be done”. But that something is doing away with “gun-free zones” that entice cowardly criminals such as Cruz. If there is something to be done it is protecting kids and innocent citizens with armed security. If the coach who took bullets to protect those kids in Florida had been armed, we might have had a much happier outcome.
    Of course I’m preaching to the choir….those of you who enjoy this site already know this.

2. Nemo says:

People in this country that want to outlaw/confiscate all the weapons in private hands have no idea what they’ll be up against should their wish come true.

Making schools “Gun Free Zones”, then not providing any kind of rational security plan for said schools is like waving a matador’s cape in front of a bull and provides about the same amount of protection, NONE. Did Joe Biden and the rest of the 1999 Federal Legislature actually think that declaring something Gun Free would deter ANYONE from going to that location and committing murder? That’s the logic of these so called leaders in this country. Pitiful.

3. ed357 says:

First thing any reasonable person would do following…

one of these tragic “gun free school zone” killing sprees would be to…

post armed guard or cops at schools and secure their campuses….

But nothing gets done….it’s like someone has an agenda.

• Chet says:

Why is no one writing about stopping TPTB/deep state/globalist from choreographing these shootings? We, well many of us are pretty damn sure some fedgov jack-booted thugs are responsible for making these shooting possible, and no one is standing up to the commies and yelling them down. A couple of days ago, someone wrote that their “script” is getting old. That Cruz performed the same role as a past shooter, even to leave the building and then sit down in a parking lot.
      These shootings are all being staged by the elite who want to control all of us and never will as long as we have our guns. THEY. ARE. WHO. NEEDS. TO. BE. CULLED.
      And we all need to be letting everyone know that we know what is going on.

4. pigpen51 says:

This article was the most articulate thing I have ever read that explains my position about guns and our freedom. Thanks for posting this here. I am going to share this, although I had promised that I was done with arguing with idiots.

5. cj says:

The thing that strikes me that they miss so regularly is that, many of these gun owners they disparage would risk their lives to save the very people who chastise them for wanting to own guns.

6. Sanders says:

I’ve been engaged in these “discussions” for so many years that I’m tired of them. We will never meet in the middle on the issue.

So, I’m at that stage where Vanderboegh said to the reporter, when asked a question about gun confiscations: “It is simple. If you try to take our guns, we will kill you.”

7. wes says:

I do have a few quibbles with some statements the author makes,

“The Second Amendment is about giving individual Americans – not just the government – the means to deter or defeat a threat to our freedom, be it foreign or domestic. There’s no chance of needing that today or in the near future, but who’s to say what kind of a world our grandchildren will inherit?”

First, the second amendment doesn’t give us anything, it merely affirms a pre-existing natural right.

The next is the comment about there not being any chance of needing to exercise this right today. The way things are going we may be forced to deter or defeat threats to our freedoms, sooner rather than later.

Other than that it’s a pretty good article.