Fucking Okies…..

This entry was posted in Okies. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Fucking Okies…..

1. Odgreen says:

Hey, chrome don’t get ya home!

2. rick says:

Looks good to me. The radiator in my truck developed so many holes it was useless to repair. I put a 5 gal bucket on the bench seat and plumbed it directly to the radiator. A bucket was good for about 25 miles. So I planned my trips to stop about every 25 miles.

• POd American says:

Was out deer hunting (driving the roads) with my grandfather when the upper radiator hose in his car developed a 1 inch crack/leak. We used some heavy visqueen and twisted safety wire with his vise-grips to get the 50 miles home. Worked like a champ.

3. Daryl says:

Broke a tie rod end out on the mountain about 20 miles from nowhere. Had to stop at every turn to kick the wheel over to get around the bend. Also, folding the leaking brake line and pinching it with vise grips really don’t hold up well.

4. CW says:

If it works….

5. nwoldude says:

Isn’t that a Top Fuel dragster?

6. singlestack says:

Drives full throttle down a washboard road.

7. urbaner says:

In my work truck,(for sale by the way), I have a bungee from the brake petal arm to the steering column to make sure the brake lights go off .
    16d nails for pins in the door interior handles to make them function.
    The driver side door sags so much to keep the door from damaging the JB Weld repair around the door post latch , I cut a piece of 1/2 inch plywood with a 30* angle cut, J Weld and screwed it to the rocker panel to make the door rise far enough for the door latch to catch the door frame post !
    After I applied a liberal slathering of axle grease.
    Fuel pump went out last winter after topping off the tank.
    I did NOT want to drop the tank or siphon the gas either.
    I got my grinder out and cut a hole in the bed, changed the fuel pump out and repair the 16”x 22′ hole with sheet metal screws and Vulkem one part per thousand urethane commercial grade sealant.
    It is under the aluminum tool box anyway.
    Was done in an hour.
    It took me longer to hand winch the truck into the garage in the rain and snow storm than it did to change out the pump.
    I grew up in southern Illinois.
    I may be a bit of a hillbilly.
    From the awesomeness of the picture above ,it is evident I need a welder!