Jeez, one bad experience…..

This entry was posted in funny pics. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Jeez, one bad experience…..

1. nwoldude says:

I see mom kept a souvenier.

2. soapweed says:

Don’t blame ’em, one bit. Prefer to be in control of my own train wrecks……

3. formwiz says:

Nice blanket. High price, though.

4. HoHi ---luis says:

Nice, next time take a jet like everyone else.

5. Skipperdaddy says:

Kid had the stare man.

6. Andrew says:

Watching people die around you, helpless to do anything, knowing basically your life as it used to be is just as over as those who died, well, that does take a toll.

Not to mention, the ships that carried the survivors also carried a lot of the dead. That must have just sucked. A week’s voyage back to New York on a ship full of dead, dying and those just… mentally dead.

And, Skipperdaddy, both of them have the stare.

Knew some older people when I was growing up, ones who were the only survivors of a family of 8 or more, survivors of disease or war, who had that stare when not engaged. Go from fully animated to… just staring.

Worst stare I ever saw was one of my math teachers. He was a photographer for the US Army, charged with taking photo evidence of NAZI crimes, especially the concentration camps. His stare was, well, once you learned why he stared that way, well, very fucking understandable. Like someone ripped your skeleton out of you, dunked it in liquid nitrogen, and shoved it back in your meat sack. That fucking cold and chilling.

We as a nation have been lucky in the last 100 years or so that mostly only our military has had to face horror. Civilians here haven’t experienced what those in Europe or Asia have had to live through, fortunately.

7. SAM says:

Mother and Daughter stay in the US because that’s why they took the Titanic in the first place. They were the US. In fact most of the Titanic passengers were emigrating to the US or going on to Canada.
    324 – the number of first class passengers on board.
    284 – the number of second class passengers.
    709 – the number of third class passengers. Very few of the third class passengers had any plans ever go back at all. Very of the third class passengers would have he money to pay to go back.

8. Vietvet says:

The Wikipedia link posted by Rob, above, says they returned to England.