BALTIMORE (WJZ) — In his first press conference, new Baltimore police commissioner Darryl De Sousa said he is rearranging the department and one of his first moves will be to crack down on officer misconduct. It was a somewhat confusing address to reporters, as while he explained what the department will look like under his leadership, he’d already changed his mind on one of two deputy commissioner spots to be filled.

This entry was posted in To Protect and Serve. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to New Baltimore Police Commissioner To Battle Corruption With Random Polygraph, Integrity Tests

1. Ken M says:

This…is such a sad testament to that department, that local government, that part of the country.

2. BillyK says:

Been putting up with them for easy 100 years here in LA. I believe there’s a $5/tail bounty on them. They really got prolific back in the 1970’s when the anti-fur freaks shut down the trade for pelts, etc.

3. Daryl says:

Union is gonna fight him every step.

4. Thomas Doan says:

Polygraphs????? They need RPG’s.

5. Mals says:

Polygraphs are complete bullshit. NEVER take one.They don’t test anything but being nervous, and most of us will be nervous under interrogation.

• crazyeighter says:

Not admissible in court, and only work if YOU believe they work. An accomplished liar can routinely beat them. And like Daryl said, “police union”.

I see a very short tenure for De Souza.

• Andrew says:

Yeah, last job I had I needed to take a polygraph to get. I failed on my NAME. The polygrapher nicely allowed me to retest.

She told me never to commit a crime because I just looked guilty.