Wait… what?

OHIO — A Hamilton County, Ohio, judge on Friday gave custody of a transgender teen to his grandparents rather than his parents, allowing them to make medical decisions regarding his transition.

The parents didn’t want the teen, a 17-year-old who identifies as male, to undergo hormone treatment and refused to call him by his chosen name, triggering suicidal feelings, according to court testimony. The parents wanted custody in order to make medical decisions for the teen and prohibit the treatment that his medical team had recommended.
-Richard

This entry was posted in Liberals, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Wait… what?

1. carolann says:

You can’t vote until you are 18 , you can’t drink until you are 21 but at 16 you can make life changing decisions… really?? In my humble opinon, none of this transgender stuff should be allowed until you are 18 and then you have to pay for it, not your parents. That would reduce the number of people making these decicions that they will probably regret. Lots of studies show that the majority of people who transgender regret the decision and they have a high level of suicides.

2. Unclezip says:

The “medical team” should be hung.

3. Westcoastdeplorable says:

Kid needs mental care, not the Frankstein surgery.

4. czechsix says:

Looking in from the outside, it’s kinda interesting how fast our society is changing. I can’t think of any value – ANY – that I grew up with that’s not under attack by progressivists.

Hard work. Loyalty. Faith in God. Moral upbringing. Self reliance. Integrity.

Many others too.

All going, gone, or heavily modified in short order.

Fuck progress.

• John Deaux says:

It’s changing quickly with the 300 million dollar donations it’s collected to move it along

• Bacon says:

You are right. And yet, we vent about it, but continue to allow these changes.
      Our complacency is arguably a bigger problem than their progressivistic B.S.
      After all, they get away with doing this only because we continue to permit it.

5. Daryl says:

The kid is 17, all he had to do was ride it out a year and make his own decisions as an adult. He is going to be an adult and pay his own way, right?

• Andrew says:

He wants his parents to pay for the conversion, which, with the extensive hormone treatment, is expensive as all fuck.

Stupid idiots don’t realize the suicide rates of trannies is up around 45% or more, after the conversion. The rate actually goes up the longer the person lives after the surgery. 5 years after is the beginning of the real suicide binge.

• Bacon says:

When you’re a teenager, a year seems like forever. And we’re talking about someone who is suicidal and thus presumably has poor impulse control.

6. fjord says:

So who gets bludgeoned in their sleep first by the kid?

grandparents or parents?

7. Sanders says:

A chick with a dick is not a dude. She is just a chick with a dick.

8. Walt says:

I haven’t seen her in years but I knew the judge in law school. Smart. I think she is wrong here, but I have no doubt she gave the issue full consideration.

9. POd American says:

How do you know the judge was a female?

I don’t know many men named Sylvia for starters. Then there’s the line that says “She also encouraged Ohio lawmakers…
      The article refers to her as she more than once.

10. Rick (who doesn't look like Yoda in any way) says:

Well, I am confused. Didn’t the article say “identified as male”? Isn’t this a female that wants to be a male? I think the writer is being PC using the “he” pronoun when referring to the 17 yo female knucklehead.