Back to the ‘Cruel & Unusual Punishment’ lawsuits again

COLUMBIA – The state Senate on Tuesday rejected a proposal to include firing squads as a means of execution but gave key approval to a bill to require the use of the electric chair if lethal injection is not available.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Back to the ‘Cruel & Unusual Punishment’ lawsuits again

1. Claypidgeon says:

All you need is a hammer and an inmate who wants pizza

2. bob says:

if you know 100% that someone murdered an innocent victim, hand him over to the victim’s family. he’ll be begging for the death penalty. also, it wouldn’t cost the state one penny, there would be no repeat offender and the victim would actually get justice. sounds like a win win situation.

3. noncom says:

I say bring back the guillotine….surefire, no doubt, first time does the trick method….

4. Exile1981 says:

I suggest the easiest way to deal with these criminals is a spinal block so they feel no pain from the neck down and can’t move. Then toss them into a pen full of feral hogs that haven’t eaten in 3 days.

Have stadium seating for 2 time offenders so they see were their life choices are likely to lead them.

5. Chish says:

If you think the electric chair isn’t a deterrent to crime, just ask Pee Wee Gaskins about it. Oh, wait…

6. Snuffy says:

Some crimes deserve the ISIS punishment. Tossed off a building, caged up and roasted alive. Obviously the threat of jail is no deterant for some assholes.

7. Larry says:

“Gas chamber”. Something like an oxygen tent over the gurney, then feed nitrogen into it. Hypoxia and death follow, and it takes training for someone (like pilots) to realize it’s even happening to them. Painless, so no “cruel and lawsuits” and no shortage of nitrogen.

8. Skipperdaddy says:

Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper once said, “If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim(s) who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.
    One of my all time heroes of common fucking sense

9. vorkosigan says:

In Ohio, they have come up with a quick and “humane method of execution– now if we can only tmplement in all 50 states :)

10. Daniel K Day says:

Jesus Christ, I’d rather go in front of a firing squad than onto the electric chair. On the topic of “cruel punishments”. But maybe that’s just me.

11. JeremyR says:

Simple solution, make the back up method that the condemned be executed in the exact same manner in which he murdered his victim, and dictate that the execution be performed by his liar err lawyer. As incentive, fit the word smith with a collar containing several pounds of plastic explosive, a timer and a tamper trigger, then have him conduct the task in a buried chamber with a suitable chimney to vent the explosion. With luck, we get two for the price of one.

• crazyeighter says:

I’ve always favored putting several options on a roulette wheel and letting the condemned take his chances. Maybe auction off the marble toss, or offer it to the victim’s family.

• JeremyR says:

I don’t want top torture them, I just want them dead. Knowing that the grave is not the end, and that an eternity in hell awaits them is sufficient. If we put them on a cross and crucified them, they would have days to contemplate their evil ways. Might have a come to Jesus moment, so there are two sides to this coin.

12. oswald bastable says:

Death by ‘head ripping off machune’ (GOOGLE IT)

13. Bryce says:

Switched over to check pricing on .22lr and my comment disappeared. Anyway…50 executions for 5-6 bucks. That is one hell of a bargain.