Got preps?

A huge solar storm is heading for Earth, and it’s likely to hit tomorrow.

The storm could knockout satellites, disrupt power supplies and spark stunning displays of the Northern Lights.

It was created last week by an enormous explosion in the sun’s atmosphere known as a solar flare, and charged particles from that flare are now on their way to our planet.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Got preps?

1. bogsidebunny says:

I just won a twofer,

Yesterday I added another layer to my aluminum foil cap before Trump’s tariffs hit. But it might also help deflect these nasty solar flares from roasting my brain.

• Hillbilly says:

bogsidebunny, tin-foil ain’t enough. Gots to apply an outer coating of feathers, the more colorful the better. What you need here is a goose down pillow and a hot-glue gun. Do not use glitter in any form as it cause’s electrolysis and can cause balding and un- invited bird attacks. You should also stay away from rocket stoves as well. Why do they call em that anyway? They don’t go very high no matter how much powder you put in em!

2. Terry says:

Checked the latest podcast for my “go to” guy on this stuff. He didn’t seem all that concerned. He forecast it to hit tonight or tomorrow. Ben Davidson at It is always good to have preps, and a mechanical lock on your gun safe.

3. Sanders says:

Damn. We’re all gonna die again.

4. Pat says:

this article is BS. A combination of BS and sensationalism. there was no solar flare. there hasn’t been a sunspot in ten days. there was a small filament eruption that will impact earth in the next 24 hours or so but this is very common and the global impact will be negligible. there MAY be a G1 level storm, we have had G3 level storms in the last few months and its barely been noticed.
    Someday there will be a flare that will will mess shit up. this is so not it.

• Winston Smith says:

“…NOAA forecasters say there is a 55% chance of G1-class geomagnetic storms when the solar wind stream arrives on March 14th or 15th. G1-class storms are relatively minor and have little effect on satellites and global power grids….,”

5. millerized says:
    None of the panic, all of the science.

6. J.J. says:

I’d be a lot more interested if it was going to create “stunning areolas”.

7. kennymac says:

“including parts of Michigan…”

WTF? First the meteor hits us. Next we have the ChiCom space shit incoming and now this? I am beginning to think that we are to space shit what trailer parks are to tornadoes.

8. SomeGuy Somewhere says:

Straight from the horse’s mouth
    I read the above as NOAA doesn’t expect too many big problems on the 14th and 15th of March.

9. Sanders says:

Are we dead yet?

10. hi. read somewhere that there will be nice auroras on march 24th or just a day or so before. no prediction of damage, just auroras.