Gotta identify that target, folks

The Taylorsville Times reports that a local pastor has died in a hunting tragedy after another hunter mistook him for a coyote and shot him.

Alexander County Sheriff Chris Bowman stated that on February 19, 2018, at approximately 5:52 p.m., the Alexander County Communications received a 911 call about a person who had been shot on Edd Burgess Road Extension in Taylorsville.

-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Coyotes, Hunting, WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Gotta identify that target, folks

1. Skipperdaddy says:

I always have my call a good 75 yards from my ambush spot. He didnt even need a hunter orange cap with that do going on.

2. rick says:

A few minutes before sunset…in a mountainous terrain…heavily wooded…maybe down in a holler…or on an east facing slope. Some stars may already be visible.

But yes, you have to ID your target.

3. KM says:

On the bright side, it was probably a new state record!

4. 1980XLS says:

Sadly this kinda shit happens way too often and gives anti-Gun/Anti-hunting advocates ammunition for their argument.

5. sk6actual says:

hmmm … has a fishy smell to it

6. bogsidebunny says:

On the other hand…If it was a 50 year old hot babe I could understand why a MILF would be mistaken for a coyote.

7. TC says:

How many hunting “accidents” are the result of the deceased sticking their dick someplace it didn’t belong?

8. Fred says:

My dad was always a deer hunter. Being color-blind he was particularly careful. One year we were out hunting and he told of seeing a spot of brown that looked like a deer among some evergreen trees.In the interests of safety he wanted a better look, so he spent the next half hour sneaking up on…an evergreen tree. :Dad, they’re not good eating!”

9. Gryphon says:

Happened around Here; Bubba put out the Caller in his Backyard, aimed towards the Woods. Within 5 Minutes, he was Taking Fire from the Flank and the Coyotes ran for Cover. I could Hear him Screaming at the other dude to Stop.