I can understand forgetting your wallet, but your gun?

SHEPHERD, MICH. – Authorities say a weapon found in a gym locker at a mid-Michigan school was accidentally left there by an off-duty police officer.

This entry was posted in To Protect and Serve, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I can understand forgetting your wallet, but your gun?

1. Aesop says:

The Only Ones Curse strikes again…

2. Unclezip says:

I love it when it’s termed “accidentally” when a cop does it, but “negligently” when a prole does it.

3. carolann says:

Unfortunately I’ve heard of several incidents where guns have been forgotten int the bathroom of the local county Municipal Court Bldg….not a good scenario.

4. Phil B says:

But … but … they are professionals and have been on courses and are much more responsible and than you peasants.

Or something …

5. BlueMntCeltic says:

If I recall correctly, this happened once or twice to the Secret Service in the Capitol Bldg. …. Got a lot on their minds, don’t cha know?

6. pigpen51 says:

It’s that old Michigan curse. The law is that if you have a CCW, you can carry openly in a school, but not concealed. So if they would just let us carry concealed in schools, it would not have happened. Or just don’t hire morons for the department.

7. Gator says:

Im sure he will get a mild reprimand for this, at most. When cops do this kind of thing, despite them allegedly being oh so much better trained than the plebs, nothing happens. If a regular citizen does it, they throw the book at them. “The Only One” strikes again.

8. singlestack says:

I once found a cop’s gun in a restroom in the building I worked in after a seminar. Without telling anyone I took it to a classroom at the other end of the building. I took the bag out of a trashcan, put the gun in the can and put the trashbag back in.
    The cops went fucking berserk and got mean and threatening. It took them almost a week to find it. I thoroughly enjoyed the clusterfuck I created.

9. hoandhi --- luis says:

We need that “Common Sense ” bullshit gun control for cops.