I Carry A Handgun Because (2018)

This is a topic I last addressed on this scruffy little blog in August of 2016. In light of recent events, and the newly energized anti-liberty/Second Amendment movement, it’s time for an update.

I do not advertise the fact that I carry a concealed handgun, or that I am an instructor. However, on the occasions when this comes up, people are often amazed. Not because I am a diminutive wisp of a fellow–I’m anything but, and if I do say so myself, and I do, I’m roguishly masculine (anyway, Mrs. Manor likes me)–but because I am an English teacher and singer, and my default facial expression is a smile. The usually resulting conversation:
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Guns, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to I Carry A Handgun Because (2018)

1. Jeffery in Alabama says:

Thanks for posting Kenny. I put it up at TFI and linked it back here.

2. OD says:

frilliant

3. rustbucket says:

Spot on.

4. CC says:

Doesn’t fit the stereotype distilled into small liberal minds – what a surprise!

5. Sanders says:

Pretty long-winded. He covers everything I’ve ever seen folks put in print regarding the subject.

Because I’m tired of explaining myself to folks, I have come to prefer the BFYTW explanation.

6. John Deaux says:

Ok so I didn’t click the link but
    I carry because I can
    I carry because I choose to
    I carry because it’s my right to do so
    I carry because it ain’t none of their damn business
    Choose all that apply

7. snuffy says:

Because a 12 gauge doesn’t hold enough ammo?

8. Bigg Ale says:

I carry a handgun because a cop is just to damn heavy…..

• Gator says:

Your handgun also won’t hide and shit its pants when its needed most…

As much as I don’t like to be a dick, I hate that phrase. It implies that if police were everywhere, we wouldn’t need guns, but since we can’t always have a cop around, I guess we should have guns. In other words, it makes it seem like we are safe near police, and that they mostly do their jobs. Thats not the case. The phrase should be “I carry a handgun because the cops are useless and will not be there when you need them, and have no duty to protect you even if they are there”

• crazyeighter says:

I don’t know about you, but I don’t want a LEO around all the time.

(A “cop” works for the citizens; a “LEO” works for the state.)