Moral: Don’t bite the hand that feeds you

On Friday, Marty Daniel of Daniel Defense, issued a statement on Facebook that he was in support of SB2135, also known as the Fix NICS Act, which was an incredibly stupid thing to do seeing as his business deals in nothing but AR rifles and parts. Here’s a portion of a screenshot:

Needless to say, the comments were fucking Brutal with a capital B.

Yesterday, he backtracked and posted this:

Message from Marty Daniel:

Friends,

First and foremost, let me say that I have heard your voices. I put out a statement on Friday, supporting Senate Bill S.2135 also known as the Fix NICS Act. I have received overwhelming feedback since putting out this statement, which has brought to my attention that there are significant and justified concerns regarding this bill. I can no longer in good conscience put my support behind S.2135.

I released the original statement because I believed it was the best option available at this time to hold back the continued attacks on the Second Amendment and the erosion of our rights. I was wrong.

Let me be very clear:

• My life’s work is to protect an individual’s right to keep and bear arms by holding our lawmakers accountable to the Second Amendment.

• I believe that all firearms laws that limit the rights of law abiding citizens are unconstitutional.

• I will never support any legislation which infringes on any individuals rights, and could potentially subvert due process.

• Myself, my Family, and Daniel Defense love and serve our Veterans every day. I would never support a legislative measure which would strip them of their rights based on their history of service and sacrifice.

Thank you to everyone who reached out and voiced your concerns. You are a motivated and passionate group of people which I am proud to call my peers, my friends, and my family. We are all united in one fight – the fight to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I will never turn my back on you. I stand with you and I am ready to continue to fight for our rights.

-Marty

The comments are still fucking brutal.
Here’s a few so you can see for yourself:

I don’t expect Daniel Defense to be in business much longer which is a shame – not for the owner but for all his employees that are suddenly find themselves out of a job.

This entry was posted in FB, Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

49 Responses to Moral: Don’t bite the hand that feeds you

1. Boomer says:

He might want to be careful on what he says. John Noveskes life ended suddenly and tragically after being very vocal on the net about school shooters and psych drugs. He was a great barrel maker.

2. WD says:

I quit the NRA when I was 15 or 16. Cancelled the Life Membership grandma gave me when I saw they were colluding on the GCA of ’68.

Dropped Norton, just now, for their stance toward the NRA. (Not really a contradiction)

When my FFL dealer friend tried to hand me a Daniel Defense AR I was going to pay for, for my daughter, I told him to put it back on the shelf. That was a year or so ago because of similar comments from Daniel Defense.

I’ve kept a mental list of these “fair weather” manufacturers, software designers and merchants for years, for many, many products. I don’t have much money but I vote like Hell with it – every dollar I spend is spent with folks who think the way I do. Or, at least they have the sense to keep their trap shut.,

• Leonard Jones says:

Your last sentence struck me! Any company that took no lesson from the
      Dixie Chicks effect, the NFL effect or the idiots at Target who insisted on
      making their customers 9-year-old daughters share a restroom with a 30-
      year-old tranvestite is committing financial suicide. There are close to
      100 times as many gun owners as there are NRA members.

The Dixie Chicks flushed their careers down the shitter because the last
      thing an entertainer or business needs is to piss off half their fan base or
      customers. A large part of this problem is the incestuous relationship
      that exists between the Demo☭rat party and corporate and charity
      boards. It is right out of the pages of Any Rand’s Atlas Shrugged. If
      you are a politician, corporate “Pull Peddlers” (lobbyists) will shower
      you with campaign donations. It is what I call defered kickbacks.

If you bribe them directly, you could go to jail. But if you are placed on
      a board at United Way, Symantics, etc., after you leave office, you get
      a multi-million dollar salary. In the case of family members, (like
      Demo☭rat Senator Joe Manchin, your daughter gets to be the CEO
      of billion dollar drug company WHILE you are still in office.

Trust me, this is how systemically corrupt the Donks have become!
      The Democrat party is bankrupt. They have as much debt as cash
      assets. Both figures are in the low 20 million. My best guess is that
      the saner corporate donors have bailed! The more the Donks lost
      elections, the more rabidly insane they became. I think that Donald
      Trump’s pledge to “drain the swamp,” was not an idle campaign
      promise. Nothing else explains why a party that historically got
      80 percent of their donations from big money donors and
      corporations went from spending billions in one campaign is
      now oficially bankrupt in less than 1 year!

Be patient. It also helps that the electorate experieced an awakening
      due to the systemic corruption of the Demo☭rat party.

Okay, how do you put the Hammer and Sickle in Democrats?

• Gator says:

I was gonna ask the same thing. Seriously. How’d you do that?

• Bacon says:

Several ways to do it, but frankly the easiest and most reliable way is just to cut and paste the symbol ‘☭’ into your text.

(The problem with using Unicode is simple, but it isn’t easy to explain. First you have to understand the difference between a character set and encoding. Then you have to recognize that each piece of software is set up for a specific input method depending on encoding. FWIW, many professional programmers have difficulty with this topic.)

• crazyeighter says:

The Dixie Chicks flushed their careers down the shitter because the last thing an entertainer or business needs is to piss off half their fan base or customers.

As I’ve said before, when I, by buying a ticket, hire a pretty girl to sing, I expect her to sing, not talk.

• Bacon says:

Great comment, Leonard.

Just one minor thing, speaking as a math geek — “close to 100 times as many gun owners as there are NRA members” is a number significantly larger than the population of the USA.

Other than that, I agree with you.

• Leonard Jones says:

I thought the NRA membership was much lower than the number of gun owners at large. It was much like the number
          of radical lesbian feminists in the National Organization of
          Wildebeestes, who were outnumbered by Concerned Women
          of America by 10 to 1. Lets take it down to 20 to 1. Either way,
          the even if the vast number of gun owners are not NRA members, it is a force to be reconed with!

• Leonard Jones says:

Even when I make a wild guess, I am right. The current membership of the NRA is 5 million. According to 2017
          statistics, 42 percent of American households have at
          least one firearm.

In a nation of 330 million people, only 5 million people are
          NRA members, yet 42 percent of 330 million American
          housholds own a fiream. Bacon, I am far too drunk to
          do the math, but the disparity is still HUGE!

I applaud you for calling me out on this issue, but I stand
          by my assertion that the number of gun owners who are
          not NRA members, dwarf the number of NRA members
          by a huge margin.

So long as we are patient, we will win this battle.

3. donnie says:

If the price didn’t keep me away, that sure as hell will.

4. crazyeighter says:

Would it be too much to ask for you to research what the bill actually says before you endorse it?

When I see the words “commonsense”, “common sense”, “gun safety laws” or “I support the Second Amendment but…” I take it as a cue to stop reading and move on.

• lineman says:

He did research it and he was all for it until it was going to hurt the bottom line and then he went into full CYA mode…He just did us a favor and showed his true colors…

5. Tsquared says:

The NICS database has some issues that need to be corrected. The problem with Senate Bill S.2135 is that it has some radical ideas to add people with no review process to clean up any mistakes.

• Gator says:

It can already be fixed under existing laws. They just need to be enforced. The guy that shot up the church got a BCD from the Air Force, therefore, under existing law, he is a prohibited person, The Air Force (e.i. the government) fucked up and didn’t report him as they are already required to do. This recent kid in FL made comments to people about shooting up a school and should have, at the very least, been interveiwed. Hell, in FL they ALREADY have the Baker Act, so they can have your ass committed and evaluated against your will. Giving them more power or more money isn’t going to fix jack shit when the people running the show are dickless incompetents.

As for those guys that work at Daniel Defense that you feel sorry will lose their jobs when they go under, I wouldn’t worry about those employees. The owner’s bullshit aside, they DO make high quality products(which I will never buy under any circumstances) and will probably have no problem getting hired at other manufactures that will be picking up the market share from this guy’s formerly successful company. Seriously, what the fuck was this guy thinking. God damn, what an idiot. Even worse than the CEO of Dick’s. Only people that are pretty serious about shooting AND have money buy his stuff. You know, the kinds of people most likely to pay attention to this kind of thing.

• Bacon says:

The main issue the database has that needs to be corrected is that it exists. We’re all too willing to accept infringements, as long as we think they only affect the other guy.

6. Nemo says:

May I suggest one other “posted in” category? oh shit moment in time

7. StBernardnot says:

Again I say F–K the nra!!

8. Leonard Jones says:

I have no problem with a national prohibited persons database. The problem
    arises when firearm purchases by law abiding applicants go into the database.
    There is an old bookeeping technique called the rule of exceptions. If a
    customer who buys 10 widgets a month suddenly orders a few hundred,
    it sends a signal flare that suggests the may be planning a bankruptcy. It
    is easier to manage a database of felons, foreign nationals, the mentally ill,
    etc., consisting of a few million than one of a hundred or more million
    law abiding citizens.

The real problem is that the Ubangi administration twisted the definition of
    mentally ill to include veterans, Christian’s, conservatives, gun owners, etc.
    He took a page out of the mental health laws that mirrored the Soviet Union
    and Nazi Germany. This allowed them to persecute real and imagined
    dissenters, landing them in assylums, and ultimately into the death
    camps and gulags. I would fix the NICS laws to include ONLY prohibited
    persons. This is the only way such a database will work.

Lets say for a moment that I am a raging psychopath with a known history
    of mental health issues. Without a national database, I could simply move
    to another state and buy firearms. The first accomplishment of the Ubangi
    administration was to release a classified document less than 3 months
    after he took office. It stated that every veteran was a potential terrorist.
    If the NICS can be “fixed,” this is something I could support. I worked
    as a orderly in private nut-house in my yoot. These people may be
    batshit crazy, but they are for the most part not stupid. Why do you
    think the psychotic mass shooters always target “gun free zones?”

If you are a felon, mentally ill or are a foreign national that has to
    cough up a cup of phlegm to pronounce his name, they need to
    go to the top of list!

• lineman says:

You have been conditioned to think that way…We have all been herded in a direction that allows more and more of our rights to be eroded away…I could go into great detail on how this has all happened and how insidious it all is but I don’t think many would listen anyway and I don’t have enough free time to just put it out there for the sake of being out there…I discuss those things with my tribe and community because they actually have a stake in what I do and say…

• Bacon says:

Lineman is right. Regarding your first two sentences Leonard, you can’t have one without the other. If you allow “a national prohibited persons database” to exist, then “firearm purchases by law abiding applicants” WILL go into the database sooner or later. It’s only a matter of time.

Regarding your second half, If you are “a raging psychopath with a known history of mental health issues” then what the hell are you doing walking free in the community? Again, a national database won’t help, and it WILL ultimately be abused at some point.

9. Sanders says:

I guess, like the Supreme Court, he has trouble understanding what “shall not be infringed.” means.

10. I have adequate items stored and don’t need anything from DD. Now, I don’t want nor would I accept anything from DD, We don’t need those who feel superior directing us how we should employ our God given rights, be it Daniel, Feinstein, Schumer, Trump or whomever.

11. Winston Smith says:

Help out a worn down brain: was it DD or Troy that hired lon horiuchi?

12. A Texan says:

There’s a picture of Bush 43 on a podium at the White House, pen in hand, about to sign the Medicare Part D legislation. Right behind him is Ted Kennedy, with a big f’ing smile on his face. Bush didn’t get the hint that if Ted Kennedy liked/loved something, he should have run in the other direction as fast as possible.

Similarly, when you have a guy like John Cornyn (RINO, Texas) cooperating with Chris Murphy (Communist Gun Grabber, CT), you HAVE to consider running as far and as fast as you fucking can – IF, that is, you actually care about the 2nd Amendment.

Daniel Defense has just proven itself to be an elitist manufacturer that is out of touch with average citizens and gun owners. If I ever was going to buy their overpriced merchandise, that time is now and forever in the past.

• lineman says:

You know we have the power to make or break companies that work to enslave or kill us but we just are to stubborn to come together to do that…The only time we are able to do successful boycotts is when the normies are awakened to the fact not because Patriot’s stood together…

13. Rowland says:

It appears that DD made the mistake of equating “gun owners” with the NRA. It’s a common mistake that many folks make, even in the gun community. What DD doesn’t realize is that after 8 years of Obama threats, the NRA now represents the “Left wing” of the gun community. Most of us like GOA more….and even more right of GOA!

• warhorse says:

I told a woman where I work that even as big as the NRA is, they are actually a small percentage of gun owners because they’re too squishy. then I asked if she had ever heard of the JPFO….like a deer in the headlights…

• Bacon says:

Unfortunately, the JPFO ain’t what it once was. Its mission doesn’t seem to have survived the move over to SAF intact. It has a great history though, which is now being continued over at zelmanpartisans.com

• rayvet says:

Well like it or not, the NRA has more people and more money behind it exponentially than any other gun rights group. So, instead of running away from them or bad mouthing them, best course of action is to maintain a membership and bitch and make your opinion heard when you don’t like something they’re doing, and pat them on the back when they do something your happy about. Supporting other 2A groups is perfectly fine but thinking that those groups are going to garner the results the NRA can have, is just plain naive.

• John Deaux says:

I totally agree, I’m a yearly dues paying member of the GOA and a paid Life Member of the NRA. If I had more disposable income I would support more but…..
          When high horse people blab their idiotic statements about the NRA I normally take in the source and sometimes let it pass, sometimes not. I have been bitting my tongue a lot here lately, some people who’s posts I normally respect have me shaking my head.
          The NRA is not the end all and far from perfect but the trurh is without it the rest probably would not exist and if it ever completely falls these same people will be crying some other dumbshit.
          God damn it, stand the fuck up and hold the fucking line. If you want to piss and moan do it off to the side. Don’t you think the gun grabbers are loving it. Get us bitching with each other weakens our position and opens the damn door for them.
          I’m tired of the fucking nonsense, it’s a damn shame on an individual rights blog we have this dumb shit, because that’s exactly what it is, dumb shit.

• Mike_C says:

STRONGLY agree with rayvet here.

As far as the general non-gun-owning public (or maybe even the “got a .22 in the closet” crowd) is aware, the NRA IS the gun community. Sure, I’m in freaking Boston so there’s a sampling bias problem, but I could walk out of my office, poll the next hundred people I see, and I’ll bet that less than five will have any idea what GOA or JPFO are.

I am dissatisfied with the NRA on a number of issues, but I actually JOINED the NRA (for the first time) recently after the Parkland hysteria.

Normies think that the NRA is the “militant” wing of the gun community, by the way. I don’t bring it up first, but I’m not shy about opposing people who espouse gun grabbing. The discussion often ends with cognitive dissonance on their part and “But you’re a nice/reasonable/decent [whatever] guy. You’re not one of those NRA nuts, right?” I’ve always said, “No, I don’t belong to the NRA,” but that ends it so far as they are concerned. No one hears the “because I think the NRA is too squishy” part.

• John Deaux says:

Normies as you called them aroumd here all own 3 + guns, carry regularly and totally support the 2nd Ammendment.
            As for the militant part, personally I believe it’s way past time we showed them militant .

• Mike_C says:

Yeah, I was using “normie” as a mild pejorative (normie = might be a decent person, but has head in sand like the proverbial ostrich, takes “news” reports uncritically at face value) as opposed to “normal people” which is what I think you’re talking about.

Agree on the past time to be militant part.

14. tripseven says:

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

15. Knurled says:

Go to this link: https://emojipedia.org/hammer-and-sickle/
    Hit the copy button then paste it here like this: ☭☭☭

16. Stephen Taylor says:

Those are my principles, and if you don’t like them… well, I have others. – Groucho Marx

17. Critter says: