Damn, I’m glad I left that state

SACRAMENTO, CA (April 6, 2018) — Firearms Policy Coalition today announced that it had acquired new “mock-up” language for California Assembly Bill 2382 (AB 2382), currently a bill authored by Asm. Mike Gipson (D – Carson) to expand the definition of “firearm” and “receiver,” that would enact a radical and far-reaching new regulatory scheme by treating non-firearm parts, components, and even some raw materials in a virtually-identical manner as Gavin Newsom’s Proposition 63 and Senator Kevin de Leon’s SB 1235 (2016) did with ammunition. FPC called the broad reach and implications of the disturbing amendments “staggering.”
Dennis via Woody

This entry was posted in California, Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Damn, I’m glad I left that state

1. Veeshir says:

Mass has something like that I think.
    There was an article a few years ago where a kid and his parents got in trouble because he had the 30.06 brass the honor guard fired at his grandpa’s funeral.
    I do wonder if we in AZ will be able to buy some cheap CA guns.
    Eh, prolly not, MS-13 and the Crips will probably get them.

2. Bad_Brad says:

Freaking unbelievable. We’re an 07 in Cali. Although right now we spend all of our machine time on Aerospace parts,. Because no one in Cali is buying guns. I need to get the hell out of here.

3. Fidel says:

You and me both, brother….I knew moving to Free America (Texas for me) would be better than the PDRC, but I didn’t know how much better.

I’m a native Californian, too…..except now, I’m a Naturalized Texan.

4. crazyeighter says:

SMDH. But sometimes all you can do is step back and let ’em piss on the electric fence.

5. Bad_Brad says:

I’m looking at Prescott real hard. Lot’s of shit here I need to unwind. I’m a Native Californian and I’m pissed. We have lost the state.

6. Frank says:

The onslaught of firearms regulations and knowledge that more Draconian laws were inevitable, along with the high price of living and even higher taxes, are why I moved home to Texas 5 years ago. The California culture in general is corrupted, polluted by too many people with excessively diverse views and becoming even more so. There is no majority, so there is no true identity. Democrats control everything politically with the result being an effective democracy, rule by the majority. All minority views are repressed or purged. It is no longer America.

Truthfully, I only miss two things about California. Friends and mountains.

7. Doc B says:

“Let them march all they want, so long as they pay their taxes”
    – Alexander Haig, advisor to Ronald Reagan.

8. Mike Casey says:

I left CA just over two years ago, best thing I(We) ever did landed in Prescott AZ