Fucking Seattle…..

Tragically, predictably, infuriatingly, we’re again mourning a shooting — this time at YouTube’s headquarters — even as the drive for gun safety legislation has stalled in Washington. Polls show that nine out of 10 Americans favor basic steps like universal background checks before gun purchases, but the exceptions are the president and a majority in Congress.

Usually pundits toss out their own best arguments while ignoring the other side’s, but today I’m going to try something new and engage directly with the arguments made by gun advocates:
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Liberals, Snowflakes, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Fucking Seattle…..

1. kevinH says:

9 out of 10 favor restrictions?
    Who are they asking?
    Has anyone here ever been contacted by a pollster regarding this?
    I know I haven’t…
    More commie lies.

2. doug says:

Great example of illogical thought and irrational extrapolation. You can’t argue with stupid.

• Odgreen says:

Remember, it’s all False Flag components of the great narrative. I am especially enjoying how they’re throwing youtube under the bus. WUSUTUTU: Wake Up, Stock Up, Team Up, Train Up. They’re coming for us, it’s only a matter of time.

• Jimmy the Saint says:

You can cure it with two simultaneous loads of double-ought buckshot to the face, however. Has the added bonus of being a dramatic object lesson to others to be more circumspect about spouting their idiocy.

3. Padawan says:

Who are these 9 out of 10 Americans? I really want to know because nobody has asked me.

4. Blu Vaner says:

These polls are conducted at Starbucks.

5. Sanders says:

The author doesn’t put out any arguments that others of his ilk haven’t tried.

“It is simple. If you try to take our guns, we will kill you.” – Vanderboegh

6. Chris Mallory says:

Can’t blame Seattle on this one. That article was run in the New York Times a couple of days ago.

7. woodsterman says:

Scholars? I’d be pretty sure they didn’t get a doctorate in fire arms studies.

8. Westcoastdeplorable says:

More “fake news” more often on that 9 in 10 crap. Gotta say, though, Google’s “strikes” system for U-tube and Adwurds is enough to piss off the Easter Bunny. And I here he’s pretty hard to piss off.

9. singlestack says:

We have to stop granting them the premise of their argument, which is that the 2A is a privilege, not a right.
    It is absolute – the right of the people shall not be infringed. Ownership and possession of arms is wholly outside the jurisdiction of government. All laws limiting gun ownership in any way is infringement. We do have the right to own machine guns, anti-aircraft weapons and heavy artillery and we don’t need to ask permission to do so.
    The purpose of the 2A is to ensure that people (militia) is on par with the government so they won’t get the foolish idea that they’re our masters with unlimited power.

“That which is permitted to the government but forbidden to the people, is tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

10. John Deaux says:

So 9 out of 10 liberal gun control freaks favor more restricted gun access, that’s not surprising.
    Go out into the forgotten America, the mid west , western states or the south then come back and talk to us.

11. PoppaGary says:

The comments from just about EVERYONE at that site and many others on this topic as well are mostly idiotic, including some of the so-called gun rights peeps. Truly a reflection of the great education system the lefties have ruined.
    I heard a guy on the Lars Larson show the other day saying he didn’t believe in God and that he couldn’t accept our rights are from our “creator” whomever one believes that to be, but he kept insisting they were not provided by the .gov, but didn’t really say how he thought we had those rights. Huh?

12. Jack Crabb says:

Anyone too fucking stupid to understand “shall not be infringed” is not worth my time. In fact, they are welcome to go fuck themselves with a rusty chainsaw. Sideways.

13. Frank says:

Stopped reading at the 50% mark because I hate being lied to.