IRS site down – on Tax Day

While for some, today’s Twitter outage is a big deal; a potentially far more problematic outage is hitting the Internal Revenue Service’s page for paying your tax bill…

With less than 12 hours to go until the Tax Day deadline, The IRS’s “Direct Pay” page – which allows filers to draft funds from their checking or savings account to pay the taxman what they owe – is unavailable…
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in Fuck the feds, WiscoDave. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to IRS site down – on Tax Day

1. paulb says:

I thought the 15th was the dead line, Or Monday since the 15th is a Sunday. I must have missed something. Since they owed me I filed about a month ago. EFile is good for a quick refund at least.

• Padawan says:

In New England our tax returns go to the IRS facility in Andover Mass. If the 15th falls on the weekend we actually get two extra days because that following Monday is a state “holiday” in Mass. I forget the actual name of the holiday but it’s the same Monday as the Boston marathon.

• fjord says:

Its the 17th. When the 15th falls on a Sunday, its usually the following Monday, but yesterday was some kind of holiday in DC.

Probably celebrating the ass raping of taxpayers.

2. Rob says:

Patriot’s Day in Mass

3. DW says:

Hope it was Russia that shut it down. I hope they wipe out their servers and delete it all. Then I won’t have to owe them nothing. Winning!!

• Padawan says:

While they’re at it they can hack the Department of Education’s systems and wipe my student debts clean.

4. Djamer says:

Hacked by Amazon so they will be forced to use Amazon web services? 100B contract going to Amazaon and Bezos to provide web services to our government. I will forced to use their shit at work now, though I have boycotted Amazon and that evil, perverted, fagot Bezos for over a year now

5. STW says:

The DC holiday was “Emancipation Proclamation Day” celebrating Lincoln ending slavery in the District of Columbia.

The IRS also couldn’t accept tax returns today. I had people calling to file extensions and probably had a couple of dozen stacked up in a server waiting for the IRS to get back to business. I expect the end of season was unexpected so the IRS can’t be blamed. Let’s put them in charge of health care!

6. rocketride says: