Mmmmm, tasty AND nutritious!

This entry was posted in Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Mmmmm, tasty AND nutritious!

1. OK… THAT was shocking… when I saw the outer box I figured it’d be “Rat-Meat w/Rice”… instead… wow.. just WOW! I collect rats from other nations but that one surprised me…

2. bogsidebunny says:

At least you don’t need a P-38 to chow down.

3. Nemo says:

Why is it that 99.99999% of these people recording videos think that everyone that watches their vid wants to listen to their shitty version of muzak PLAYED AT FULL VOLUME? BTW, this vid is a hoax in case you didn’t guess.

Mr. Un has told us repeatedly that his subjects eat grass and love it.

Again, I’ve heard that their military gets good food while the rest of the population starves.

• Brad_in_IL says:

Yes, their soldiers are well fed in comparison to the general population. That said, it is common practice in NoK to fertilize their crops with human feces. Parasite infestation is common and even the healthiest in the north are ravaged by tape worms, etc. The latest defector is a perfect example.

4. Steve in ky says:

That was impressive. Do you think it was allowed to leak as propaganda or is it a actual soldiers ration?

I’ve heard before that the soldiers are very well fed compared to the civilian population.

• Andrew says:

It is reliably reported that the quantity and quality of the food goes up about 3-4 months before any of the Kims have started to get frisky.

It is one of the things that analysts on NORK track to determine when stuff will heat up or if a ‘surprise reaction’ is really a planned reaction.

The civilian populace, the peasants and proles? They eat crap, and only get ‘good’ rations when it is harvest time or, again, when the NORKs are planning something.

Or for special civilian groups (like the female NORK cheerleaders at the Olympics) used for propaganda purposes.

• Mike_C says:

My bet is on propaganda. I don’t doubt that military are better fed than the general population, but that’s a LOW bar.

The PKG informs me that they’d (in the ROK, i.e. South Korea) would sometimes see snack food imported from the glorious DPRK in the North: roasted locusts.

• Andrew says:

Um, roasted locusts/grasshoppers are actually kinda tasty. An acquired feel, more than an acquired flavor.

Back in the old days of agriculture here in the US, it was not uncommon during the summer when the grasshoppers got to a certain level, and especially when they got to locust stage, for everyone available to go ‘pick’ the bugs and stuff them in carried bags. A hopper fry or boil would come after. My dad grew up in Louisiana during WWII and remembered doing this in the rice fields (and collecting mud-bugs, too.)

And, in general, there’s not much that moves that some Asian somewhere doesn’t eat.

• John Deaux says:

I’ve had fried crickets and grasshoppers in Mexico a few times, the hardest part is the first time you start to put it in your mouth. Of course being Cajun means you eat anything that doesn’t eat you first.

5. pigpen51 says:

The best part of this was the Mora knife since I have one too. I love it, and could not believe the low price.

6. Steve says:

For these videos, I click on the ‘YouTube’ icon to be able to watch it in full screen mode. Doing so also brings to light other things, in this case, the video release date – April 1, 2018, and the comments from the other viewers, including a South Korean.

7. Gryphon says:

Looks Modern compared to the C and K-Rations (US) from WWII.Although it could be a Hoax, My guess is that a Nation that has essentially Soviet-Era Military Gear (with Nukes, too) is likely able to keep the Troops Fed, the most Essential part of Military Logistics. As In, Out of Ammo? Fix Bayonets…. Out of Food & plenty of Ammo, everyone’s too Hungry to Fight.

8. Griffin says:

Actually looks pretty good. Seems to take a long time to prepare,as well as an open flame. I recall how hard it was to make time to use ‘heat tabs’ to even cook up coffee..how hard is it to cook rice,chicken and shrimp. I’ve seen some pretty bad..and good field rations..this one doesn’t look too bad!

9. Timbotoo says:

What seemed strange was the use of zip lock resealable bags for some of the items. Seems like an unnecessary expense for a country which is strapped financially.

10. Timbotoo says:

The video was posted April 1st. Two pieces of KFC chicken and prawns in butter? Well played, sir, well played.

11. arc says:

Fried chicken will not stay good for any reasonable amount of time. Either the breading would go soft or the chicken would go dry in the least. The butter on the shrimp? a wet dairy product? It would get pretty rancid.

April fools. Especially with the rice, there is no way they would throw rice in a box like that, they would lose it all during transport!