Naked man kills 4 at Tennessee Waffle House

At least four people are dead and four others injured after a gunman opened fire at a Waffle House in Antioch early Sunday morning before a patron wrestled the gun away, according to Metro Nashville Police.

The suspect opened fire at about 3:25 a.m. at the Waffle House at 3571 Murfreesboro Pike, which is just south of Mt. View Road, police said. Police said he used an assault rifle.

He remains at large.

This entry was posted in News, Tennessee, You can't make this shit up. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Naked man kills 4 at Tennessee Waffle House

1. 1980XLS says:

Too Bad the cops in Coward County, Fla. did not have the guts that this 29 yr old did.

2. James says:

Hmmm…,known to local pd and fbi,wonder what meds he might have been on,and I do mean prescribed.

3. rebar says:

Why is the FBI there on the scene? Were they they involved before the crime was committed? This seems to be a recurring theme.

4. rick says:

This stinks to high heaven.

The FBI are on scene so soon. And why should they be anyway?
    TN has mild gun laws.
    TN no longer has a 15 day wait.
    In TN there is a bill to reduce penalty for carry w/o permit.
    Shooter used AR…which is taking a lot of heat these days.

5. rick says:

And, isn’t four the minimum to make it a ‘mass shooting’?

6. WiscoDave says:

He’s from Illinois, what would you expect?

7. bogsidebunny says:

Proof: This kid’s so mentally impaired he couldn’t tell a waffle house from a school. Cue in the David Hogg band playing the “evil gun boogie”.

8. crazyeighter says:

Oh shit; that kid’s in trouble. Waffle-Houses are gun-free zones.

• StBenardnot says:

LOL!

• singlestack says:

Many of them have no guns signs on the door. That doesn’t make them gun free zones – at least not around here.

I’ve never seen a No Guns sign on a Waffle House in Tennessee, but if they do have one it better be as the law mandates.

• singlestack says:

In Mississippi the only requirement is that the sign can be read from 10 feet away.
          It’s only a problem if you refuse to leave if asked and then stick around long enough for the cops to show up and cite you for trespassing.

Here it has to posted on all entrances, must be a certain size and must contain the statute and a symbol of a gun with a red line drawn through it. Businesses can post other types of signs but they’re not binding unless somebody asks you to leave.

• crazyeighter says:

That’s the way it is in most other states, but Tennessee gotta be different; permit holders are alla time shooting up places.

• Jeffery in Alabama says:

Alabama is about the same. All one has to say is, “I didn’t see your sign” and leave. It only becomes a problem if a person doesn’t leave.

• crazyeighter says:

Going by Tennessee law here; being on the back side of that sign with a firearm is a Class B misdemeanor offense by itself. (Not more than six months in jail and up to $500 fine, except this particular offense gets a $500 fine.)

The only legislation on this particular area of CCW has gotten in the last few years is of the “No, you don’t have to replace your old non-compliant signs this year either, but will have to next year for sure” variety.

9. Steve says:

I’ve never noticed a GFZ sign at a Florida WH, wouldn’t make a difference tho because I’m never unarmed in a WH.

10. kdts says:

Naked gunman kills four at Waffle House.
    One guy was shot in the leg. He said he’ll be going to IHOP from now on.
    Too soon

11. Flight-ER-Doc says:

Mr. Shaw: A Man, not a Hogg

12. mark says:

Hope the naked man knows that if he remains at large for four hours he should seek medical attention.

13. DW says:

Per a article on drudge. Shooter was previously arrested by the SS at the white house. He had his IL firearms card revoked. IL SP confiscated his firearms, including the AR15 used in the shooting. Firearms were given to the shooters father and we’re not supposed be given back to his son. Father gave back the firearms to his kid.

Wonder if the father will be charged as a accessory to murder.

14. Alemaster says:

And it took about zero minutes for purported Rep Jim Cooper, 5th District of Tn, to start dancing in the blood. regards, Alemaster

Of course he did, the liberal asshole.

• wildbill says:

Years ago the owner of the machine shop I worked at was a big Democrap supporter. Cooper was running for office for the first time and the owner brought him thru to meet all the employees and campaign. He walked up to me and stuck out his hand and asked for my vote. I looked at his hand and looked at him and asked what party he was with. He told me and I said “I don’t shake hands with democrats”. He looked at me funny and the boss looked at me funny and they finally walked off. I thought he was a dick then and I think he’s still a dick.

15. mrgarabaldi says:

I see all those “Gun free Zones on the waffle houses here in the Atlanta area, I will snag a pic next time I go in there.

16. anonymous says:

That guy was really brave, stepping up and stopping further shootings. Lucky the guy wasn’t carrying a BUG. I can’t believe the suspect is still at large, he must be very local, holed up somewhere.

I mean how many naked guys in the Tennessee woods is there ?

17. Spin Drift says:

Try this on for size, my Spousal Unit went to high school with perps dad. We live out of state now. So she has been in contact with friends who know the kid and the family. The back stories showing up are a little surprising in the level of detail that friends of family can’t get or don’t ever remember. Local town Koobecaf pages are being scrubbed as soon as new local info is posted counter the official narrative.
    By the way Illinois makes you get a Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) card from the State Police. You have to have this to buy guns or ammo in IL (talk bout infringement, only state to have this). It is not a permit or license to own or carry. Note that the Secret Service asking the State Police to confiscate the firearms violates Due Process. Note that they gave the firearms to the parents. The parent supposedly gave the firearms back to the kid, when is not known or where.
    The State Police had no legal authority to confiscate this property as no crime had been committed in Illinois. The Secret Service was following up on the arrest in Washington DC for trespassing.
    The perp moved to Tennessee and took his stuff with him. It’s now a Tennessee crime.
    Also by the way, the family is being guarded by the IL State Police because they are afraid the perp is on his way back to town and home. Local people are setting up neighborhood watches just in case he’s out and about. This is a small Illinois town that is now famous not for it’s high school math team and Fall Pumpkin festival but for a psychopathic killer. Some people kids.

Spin