Ten State Senators voted AGAINST it???

LOUISIANA (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – State lawmakers in Louisiana passed a bill making it illegal for a human to have sex with an animal, according to KATC- TV.

The bill now heads to the House, but 10 state senators voted against it.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Ten State Senators voted AGAINST it???

1. California southpaw says:

The 10 Mohammeds did, yes.

2. Beaches says:

Some people are more open-minded than others…

3. bulldada says:

I think all 10 were Republicans. They voted against cuz the 1st offence punishment is 10 years in prison. They thought because the people who bang animals are usually ‘tards, that was a little harsh.

4. Rich says:

It’s an unnecessary law. Once it exists, it will be used to justify another and another and…

5. Coyote Hubbard says:

Well, They probably figure there wont ever have to be a payout and fallout, like the Stormy Daniels thing for their trysts….

On a serious note, perhaps there was a seriously fucked up attachment to the bill it that made the sex with critters thing less important, at least in the eyes of the 10.

6. 9Booger says:

Ten senators did vote against it.

Click here for a list of state senators who voted for and against the bill which “creates the crime of sexual abuse of an animal.”

The measure does also specify that previously illegal forms of “sodomy” are no longer against the law.

“Anal sexual intercourse between two human beings shall not be deemed as a crime,” part of the bill states.

The measure now heads to the House of Representatives.

• Chemechie says:

I figured there was more to it than the headline – there usually is. Most of these bills that seem obvious on the surface have odious parts, or amendments, that always seem to be forgotten in the news stories…

7. pigpen51 says:

I like to think that the ten who voted against this thought it so ridiculous that they didn’t think they should even give it a vote, and by doing so, put it into the written Senate record, thereby lending it legitimacy as an issue. I know that I am a small town, old guy, who is naive. But I like to think that this is actually not the most pressing issue that state legislatures should be worrying about. Perhaps they might fix roads, or worry about keeping water clean, or help kids get a better education about things that might have some use in the real world.

Could be, could be…..

• Djamer says:

AGREED! Just another waste of time law on the books. Like the one in a town near me, still on the books, that an Ambulance cannot travel more that 20 MPH. So every Ambulance in town breaks the law just abiding by most of the speed limits now. Too costly to REMOVE the law. Besides, does it go “both ways”? If someone’s dog tries to hump someone’s leg, does the dog got to animal jail?

8. Michael in Nelson says:

I’m surprised this didn’t garner any number of protests and lawsuits considering what other behaviours are considered legal these days.

9. JeremyR says:

If some one wants to screw a dog, why should we care? There won’t be children. Say what you want, the Obama brats are probably adopted.

10. .45-70 says:

If Phoebe wants nailed by her Rottweiler in her own home. No law is going to stop her..

11. Richard Watson says:

Two Great Danes are in the vet’s waiting room. One asked the other “Why are you here?” He answers ” My mistress was naked and dropped something on the floor. When she got down on all fours to find it, I just couldn’t help myself.”

“Wow, what are they going to do to you?”

“Trim my nails.”

12. arc says:

I have to agree that its more ridiculous and unnecessary legislation and the government sticking its nose where it doesn’t belong again. I can’t imagine anyone fucking a chicken but there is always that one pervert. Not to mention, chickens don’t even have the intellectual capacity to not shit in their water bowl, much less consent. Defacto harm.

Its none of any level of governments business what people have sex with unless someone is getting hurt (including the animal.) This is the United States of America and if people want to fuck animals, keep where Joe public can’t see it. Really, we already have public indecency laws, and animal cruelty laws, stop expanding the damn government already. Unfortunately, legislation like this is easy to pass because you can brand the opposition as perverts.

One of the problem legislation like this causes, is people are not going to take their pet to get medical treatment if an accident happens, because they will be looking at 10+ years in prison when the vet reports them. This will cause more harm than it will prevent. Not to mention people may avoid medical treatment for colon rupture, for fear of prison, being unaware that they don’t have to tell anyone how the injury happened.

While I don’t fuck animals, there are a lot of people in the furry fandom that do and I have yet to see anyone there that didn’t pamper and adore their pets. FOSTA is another piece of legislation the erotic role play communities are having to navigate around.

Another case of no victim, no crime, driving activity underground and away from medical treatment. Americans lose again, one more piece of legislation to restrict liberty. Although the activity is already pretty much illegal across the US, some states still lack laws specifically naming bestiality / zoophilia.

The lack of protests are probably due to the fact this is Louisiana and not say, Colorado or California.

13. Mike-SMO says:

Then again, I hear that the original draft of the bill described “beast” in about the same words my late wife used to use about me, some of which were rather flattering…. I kept the colar as a momento.

14. Jimmy the Saint says:

That’s the thing about freedom – every utopia has a dark side.

15. Nother Redneck says:

Actually they voted against it because there is already law on books in La. covering same thing. Louisiana laws are so screwed up with useless shit, none of us know what’s against the law.