Their shit was waaaaay overpriced anyway

Yeti Coolers, a go-to for sportsmen around the country, is cutting ties with the NRA Foundation without explanation or prior notice.
The NRA Foundation is a charitable organization.

The separation comes although Yeti products have long been a staple at Friends of NRA Foundation Banquets and functions.
-Rurik

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Their shit was waaaaay overpriced anyway

1. rayvet says:

Tossed my Yeti coffee mug away last week when I heard about this. Fuck em. Don’t need them. Plenty of other coolers, insulators etc. to be had.

2. RebPirate says:

Over-priced & over-rated. I’ve got some old Coleman coolers that are still holding up quite well, thanks. AND, there are plenty of much cheaper knock-offs that perform as well.

3. Gordon says:

Forget the Yetis and Big Green Eggs. Get an Igloo and Weber and spend the rest of your money on big, thick steaks.

4. Dick Blocksma says:

Or. per Insta, see the Orca brand out of Nashville. https://www.orcacoolers.com/

5. Al says:

Short sale profit if I hurry!

6. loaded4bear says:

We have several of their coolers and travel cups. All were door prizes from one event or another. Instead or pitching them, I’d say lets start a national trend of photographing them with different stickers covering up the yeti logo.

7. Padawan says:

I usually never bother with overpriced crap anyways. No loss on this end.

8. Steve says:

Yeti’s are just like Starbucks coffee…..way over priced/hyped/desired.

Steve

• Nemo says:

Starbucks – the coffee for people with more money than brains that like their beans burnt instead of roasted.

9. Sanders says:

I’ve been using an Rtic cooler. I put 4 bags of ice in it and then didn’t take it with me on a deer hunt last year. Forgot about it and 10 days later opened it up and there were still ice cubes floating in the water.

10. Harry says:

These are way better – https://orioncoolers.com/ – and they know who their customers are….

11. Andy says:

WooHoo!!!!! that is fantastic news. Fuck you Yeti. Couldn’t happen to a more greedy company. My daughter works customer service at RTIC and I can say that RTIC is much better quality, works better, and is less expensive. I just forwarded this story to her so maybe the twins will take advantage of this, especially after the lawsuit that Yeti won against them for telling the truth.

• Sanders says:

The cooler I got is a 65 qt. they were blowing out after the lawsuit. Then I got a couple 30 oz. tumblers from them. They keep ice all day, even after multiple refills. Tell your daughter I’m a satisfied customer.

• Andy says:

Yep, they are bad ass and actually do what they say they will do. I just wish the twins would have stuck to their guns and hammered Yeti. One of the stipulations of the suit was that RTIC could not longer use 4 letters in their name. Probably because RTIC is so similar to YETI. They even sound the same don’t they? So now, apparently, the name will be a Capital R with a bear head imposed in it. Other stipulations were they had to change the design on a number of products because, again, too similar to Yeti. Bunch of fucking Austin fags. To hell with them and their products.

12. NewVegasBadger says:

I had last summer considered buying a Yeti. Now thanks to this bozo virtue signaling stunt of theirs, I will not now or ever buy ANY product of theirs. They can just FOAD.

13. Paul Finney says:

IT is a bullshit flap caused by the NRA. Look at YETI’s page https://www.statesman.com/business/update-yeti-says-nra-claims-are-inaccurate/d3OXaed8sd1ycuQhDppqWN/ they just updated a discount program. THe NRA blew it up and made a mountain out of a molehill.

From what I just read in the statement, Yeti equates the Second Amendment to hunting and outdoor activities. How do they stand on AR ownership?

• Padawan says:

Sounds to my Yeti dropped the NRA and when it hit the media Yeti backpeadald to try and pull a CYA and blame the NRA for blowing it out of proportion.

14. California southpaw says:

That crap recently started showing up everywhere around here. I’m surprised I didn’t see some at CVS or Rite-Aid. Really pushing it. I bought a Coleman Coastal Xtreme 70 for under $50.00 works fine. SS hinges. I don’t have “bear proof” bragging rights but I don’t need to out smug the next guy. I can buy 6-7 Colemans for one Yeti.

15. gun monkey says:

The Walmart Yeti knockoffs work just as good and are way cheaper.

16. donnie says:

Yeh. I know an invitation to being screwwwed when I stand in the store and see it. I don’t need to pay dearly for the experience.

17. GI-had Joe says:

I shot a Yeti years ago in the Trinity Alps in NCAL and left the carcass to rot. F–k Yeti.

18. RDC says:

Buy RTIC coolers and mugs. Just as nice and half the price. Plus customer service is fantastic.