VT governor shoots himself in the foot

The National Rifle Association is calling on gun owners to abandon Gov. Phil Scott after he approved a package of gun-related laws this week.

“This governor in Vermont completely gave a one-finger salute to the Constitution and to gun owners,” said Dana Loesch, a national spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association, during her NRATV program Thursday.

“He is no friend of firearm owners,” Loesch continued, “and I hope that all firearm owners remember this betrayal the next time he’s up for re-election.”

This entry was posted in Gun Control, Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to VT governor shoots himself in the foot

1. H1 says:

Claims he did not ban rifles but I don’t know of any source for 10 round magazines for Freedom Rifles. 20s and 30s always been standard for the AR platform.
    Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    First gun legislation in 200 years.
    Sad.
    Second order effect is a Dem might sneak in.

10 round magazines for an AR platform? I’ve probably got 20 or 30 laying around. Try Magpul. I use the fuck out of them too – they’re great for shooting off a bench. They’re great for conserving ammo too – I can’t load up a 30 round magazine and only shoot 9 or 10 rounds out of it.
      Not defending his actions by any means, just pointing out they are out there.

• warhorse says:

try assachusetts. they have 10 rounders. they don’t have any AR’s though. or you could just go to NH and Defy-Resist-Evade-Smuggle-Sabotage and get all the 30 rounders you want. fuck ’em.

2. FriscoKid says:

Insights from a VT local:

And yes, he’s shirtless wearing a leather jacket.

3. Nemo says:

What do you expect from a state that put Bernie “My wife’s not crook” Sanders in the US Senate MULTIPLE TIMES knowing that he and his wife honeymooned in Russia back when Russia was the USSR and who thought Castro was a nice guy.

The rural electorate is not happy with the governor and the rest of the Burlington area commie progs that managed to get this bill approved.

Not only that, they subverted VT legislative rules to get it passed. They gutted anther bill concerning new drug laws that was on the docket to get this gun control bill passed. Notice all of the crossed out language in the Official passed version of the bill at the link:

VT is not alone in this legislative process slight of hand. It occurs at all levels of government in the US.

• crazyeighter says:

Paraphrasing Andy Jackson here: “Okay, the governor as signed the bill; now let’s see him enforce it.” Let’s see if rural Sheriffs tell him to stuff it.

4. ExpatNJ says:

Clickbait I say! It thought he actually shot himself in his foot.
    Well, there’s always hope …

5. Towser says:

So what’s the NRA gonna do? Downgrade his rating to an A-? Stop their collective (and I DO mean collective in every sense of the word) feet and hold their collective breath?

• crazyeighter says:

There’s their s other trick: “Crowing about how much worse it would have been if the NRA hadn’t been involved in the ‘resistance’.”