You can’t say he wasn’t warned

This entry was posted in To Serve..., Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to You can’t say he wasn’t warned

1. warhorse says:

the guy is just standing there and at least one cop had a taser out and on him. why the fuck are they trying to negotiate with him? the longer the standoff, the more likely he was going to get shot.

did anyone else notice that it seemed like all the cops were holding their pistols canted, or was that just part of how the bodycam works?

2. rayvet says:

I guess this is one of these things I just don’t get. I’m all for cops shooting many of the perps that pose a threat and ridding society of them. But in this case they knew it was a screw driver so they knew they could come up on him and not get “shot”. Wouldn’t a stun gun have been a better choice for this scenario?

3. 1980XLS says:

A legally justified shoot I suppose.

But, 6 armed cops vs 1 crazy dude with a screwdriver?
    They coulda at least tried to taze him first I say.

Cops seem to love the opportunity for a legally justified shooting these days, it seems.

4. Steve in ky says:

As you say Kenny.
    Fucked around and found out.

5. larry coldiron says:

Dont you love how the handcuff a dead man

6. nwoldude says:

Do these “lawmen” no longer have any ‘mano-a-mano’ skills??
    Even with five of them?

7. flatlndr says:

Too bad it was not a drill driver. He could have been charged with weapons of mass construction instead of being killed.

8. ed357 says:

Listen closely…..sounds like they were trying to tase him…..

Maybe the clothing and jacket interfered….???

9. Jack Crabb says:

Magic blue costumed pussies. All of them.

No, let me rephrase that: Murdering magic blue costumed pussies.

10. RebPirate says:

I heard the tazer going off, but it didn’t have any affect on him. Half of the other cops could have tried a tazer too…but that wouldn’t fit their profile. Yeah, he lunged at the oncoming officer and needed to be taken down immediately.
    Motive? My guess is suicide by cop.

11. Mike_C says:

>They coulda at least tried to taze him first
    They did try. Look at the cop on the left side of the screen, starting at around 1:05. He’s got a bright yellow object in his hand, and around 1:20 you can hear the “rattler” sound of the taser discharging. (Hmm … on second viewing, I see at least two cops have tasers out.)

>holding their pistols canted
    Yes. At about 45 degrees to the left. Bodycam on first cop *is* crooked, but the other way (note that the sides of the house appear to be tilted about 15-20 degrees to the *right*).

12. POd American says:

Does anyone know what he did to draw out the entire PoLice force?

13. Alemaster says:

From here in Louisville, KY: there were multiple calls of him causing trouble, at least one foot chase, tased at least once (more IIRC) but didn’t have effect, officers really did plead with him to put down the screwdriver, lunged at officers with the screwdriver. The Courier-Journal (Communist-Urinal) headline: “police kill man holding screwdriver.”

14. Sanders says:

Screw it. I’m going back to drinking whiskey and coke. I don’t want to get shot while holding a screwdriver.