AMA’s Anti-Gun Proposals Put Political Agenda Over Science

USA – -(Ammoland.com)- “AMA pushes ‘unprecedented’ gun control agenda as congress dithers,” a talking-point parroting opinion piece in Forbes acclaims. “The AMA’s policy-making House of Delegates will consider nearly a dozen proposals on gun control and public safety.”
Left unstated is how they have determined that their proposals will enhance public safety, rather than make things more dangerous. When dealing with the American Medical Association’s positions on guns, it’s not like you can trust what you’re getting is knowledge as opposed to political agenda advancement.

This entry was posted in Gun Control. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to AMA’s Anti-Gun Proposals Put Political Agenda Over Science

1. Hardnox says:

The AMA should spend their energies on investigating why 250,000 die from malpractice every year. Oh no, can’t have that.

Further, it’s never been about guns and the availability. It’s the morons who use them for ill purposes. Of course that will never deter the Left because they want a compliant unarmed society to control where they are the only ones with guns. This has been their wet dream for over 100 years.

2. Rob says:

The AMA is a guild, it’s job is to keep the doctors money rolling in & limit the competition. It looks like the guild is coming in on the side that wants to disarm America.

3. Mike_C says:

Rob is spot on about the guild part, but I would add that the AMA is not coming in on the side of the disarmament freaks. The AMA has been that way for a very long time.

The AMA also sells life insurance to MDs. I get at least one mailing weekly either trying to get me to buy insurance, or demanding membership dues; the latter is sort of shitty since I am not and have never been a member. Not one dime to those people: I am morally opposed to providing aid and comfort to the enemy.

4. FrankP says:

The AMA represents less than 25% of the doctors in the USA today. That is down from the high of 75% in the 1950’s. The AMA is no longer a medical association, it is now a political activist organization that is derided by the majority of American physicians.

5. whynot says:

IIRC, AMA had its heyday in the 1970s with about 70% of physicians as members. Again, IIRC, only ~ 15% of physicians today belong to the AMA……….take it for what its worth…

6. STxRynn says:

Print this out and take it with you. It’ll shut them up.

I read it when I need a smile.