Are they really that damned stupid?

Democrats should stop trying to win over white Republican voters, according to several prominent liberal writers.

That was the point of a column Washington Post writer Paul Waldman wrote on Tuesday, which liberal journalists approvingly circulated on social media, adding their agreement.

Waldman, who previously worked for left-wing group Media Matters, blamed Fox News and conservative media for the fact blue-collar Trump voters don’t vote Democrat.

This entry was posted in Politics, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Are they really that damned stupid?

1. Jack says:

“Are they really that stupid?” One can only hope, if they triple down on the ‘hate whitey /don’t need whitey’ narrative, hopefully enough white people will get the message & vote against the dems. To paraphrase a Chinese saying, “Never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake.” ‘Course, voters need to put in more representatives who aren’t in bed with lobbyists & the donor class, etc.

2. NewVegasBadger says:

Yes, they really are that damned stupid. The only question I have is when if ever have the democrats tried to win over white republican voters? According to democrat dogma if you are white, male and republican then you personally are the incarnation of evil and to blame for every thing that was, is and ever will be wrong in the world. And you are also a “fascist” for disagreeing with them or just existing

3. “The right has a gigantic media apparatus that is devoted to convincing people that liberals disrespect them, plus a political party whose leaders all understand that that idea is key to their political project and so join in the chorus at every opportunity,” he argued

That would be correct. Out here in “flyover country” (a term that simply REEKS respect, doesn’t it?), we recognize that this gigantic media apparatus”, convincing us every day that liberals despise us, is known as “the newspapers” and “TV news” and “news magazines”.

In short, everyplace you vermin have infested.

4. Firehand says:

Yes, they are. Earlier saw a post on Bookface by a guy pointing out to other leftists that “Demonizing people on the other side doesn’t help matters.” For everyone saying “That’s a fact” there were, oh, eight or ten saying “But they ARE evil! They’re misogynists/homophobes/racists(hell, you know the routine)!”

The real leftists hate the guts of anyone who doesn’t follow the Approved Narrative. And they don’t mind telling us so.

5. singlestack says:

I don’t like Republicans and I wouldn’t vote for a Democrat under threat of death. It’s not because of the right’s “gigantic media apparatus” either. For the most part I find them laughable at best.
    The reason I won’t vote for a Democrat is because I listen to them and pay attention to what they say and do. I don’t listen to what people like Hannity, Ingraham, Limbaugh et al say about the Democrats. I listen to the Democrats. They’re damned by their own words.

6. WG says:

That’s exactly what Hitlery Clinton thought before those Rust Belt States flipped to Trump giving him the win. I hope they do keep ignoring the white voter. More debasing remarks about us Deplorables should really push them over the edge to win more elections, but I think not.

7. warhorse says:

didn’t Napoleon say something to the effect of “if your enemy is about to make a mistake, get out of the way”?

please, democrats, ignore all the people out in the rural areas. again. when was the last time you guys paid them anything but lip service? that stupid ethanol subsidy that ruins cars and makes food more expensive for everyone?

8. John Deaux says:

I just call the so called liberals what they are, communists are what they really are and that’s their end game. They are too stupid to realize that under the system they are fighting for they would have been arrested and made to disappear long ago.

9. noncom says:

I blame hillery and the other democrats for making me vote republican….