Garden chainsaw recall

Harbor Freight is recalling more than one million Portland, One Stop Gardens and Chicago Electric 14″ electric chainsaws.

The power switch on the devices can malfunction and allow the chainsaw to continue operating after it’s been turned off, creating a serious injury hazard to the user.
-Padawan

This entry was posted in Tips and tricks. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Garden chainsaw recall

1. WiscoDave says:

Do I have to return the AR mount or do I keep that? Haven’t seen any info on USA Today so I’m not sure what to do.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. fjord says:

Not to get all anal, but the “garden” classification… are there other uses for a chainsaw?

I’m sure loggers don’t use electric chainsaws and people who use wood for their primary heat source don’t, but what other kinds are there?

and if you’re that dumb to put the saw down against your leg while it’s button is off but it’s still running, you probably shouldn’t be using any kind of equipment and need reminders to breathe.

Shit, I even consider anything less than an 18 inch bar and 40CCs a garden chainsaw.
      I agree with you as far as the safety thing – even when I’m using a grinder I make sure it’s stopped before I put it down.

3. Andrew says:

Two solutions

1. Buy and wear chainsaw chaps.

2. Don’t buy Harbor Fright.

• Padawan says:

When you have little money and your mom is screaming at you to get the yard cleared up you go and buy what you can afford. Warhorse has one of these. It’s a great little chainsaw for what it’s being used for and I’m kinda bummed it needs to go back.

• Chet says:

There is nothing wrong with Harbor Freight as long as you know what you are buying. Every other tool sold today is made in China, what makes any of them better than Harbor Freight? As long as you select Harbor Freight’s premium lines, I have found no problems with their stuff since 1981.
      And I trim my trees and brush in our yard in flip-flops and shorts AND my electric Harbor Freight chain saw. Why electric? Because the commie gasoline we have to buy today fucks up every gas chainsaw engine I have bought. They become boat anchors within the first year.

I only burn non-ethanol gas gas in my small engines – generator, chain saws, weed eaters etc. – and I don’t have any problems. If you’ll check the owner’s manual, that’s what they tell you to use.

4. anonymous says:

I’ve come around on electric tools too. Brother purchased a pole saw that works like a champ and you don’t have to mess with ‘will it start this time ?’ issues. If its charged – it works. I like that. And the charge lasts longer than the both of us working, when battery issues happen, its a good time to call it good.

The saw is Greenworks I think and we’ve had no trouble with it. Feed it bar oil when it needs it and you are good to go.