Holy shit, more Florida news?

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — An exploding vaping pen killed a 38-year-old man earlier this month at his home, the autopsy shows.

The Pinellas County medical examiner confirmed the detail to 10News on Tuesday. Firefighters had suspected it as the cause of death since first responders were dispatched to the home on a call about a fire Saturday, May 5.

This entry was posted in Florida, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Holy shit, more Florida news?

1. Padawan says:

My best friend and I started calling them douche flutes and whenever we see somebody sucking on one we joke they’re calling all of their douche friends like forest animals in a princess movie.

• rayvet says:

Douche flute. That’s hysterical. I’d like to start using it but about 1/2 my employees toke on them and I don’t provide safe places here at the office so that could wind up being a mess.

• Tn Ed says:

Just shows the sheep will jump on any band wagon. I want to slap the shit out of people who do this. It looks retarded and funny thing is no one knows the long term effects. I like that douche flute, I am gonna steal that one.

2. John Deaux says:

My son gave up the Marlboro red box for a vape something, I call it steaming, stinky stuff that I doubt is any safer than smoking.

• Larry says:

I’d guess it’s better than inhaling smoke and carbon monoxide, but maybe not a whole lot what with nicotine itself being a poison.

3. WD says:

I’ve heard kids/folks try to get all kinds of things in their vaping tools. Like in the “olden days” when folks would huff glue, paint, acetone, etc. That’s the first thing I thought of when I read a “vaping pen” exploded….

4. Towser says:

I tried vaping because I do miss smoking (after 20 years no less). You can absolutely control the amount of nicotine they deliver. I had none in mine. I gave it up because it was a pain in the ass. I did notice I started coughing more so based on my own short experience, I’d say overall it is likely not any healthier than cigs.