Indiana mayor kicked out of gun store

NOBLESVILLE, Ind. – Noblesville Mayor John Ditslear considers himself “a Second Amendment guy, but I also know and respect guns, and if you’ve got young children in the house…any and all guns should be locked up and not accessible to kids, period.”

That warning was on the mayor’s mind this past Saturday, 24 hours after the Noblesville West Middle School shooting, when he realized Hoosier Armory was having its grand opening at 10th and Logan streets just a block off the city’s downtown square, complete with a tent to encourage registration and membership in the NRA.

This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Indiana mayor kicked out of gun store

1. bogsidebunny says:

More emotionally driven assholes marching to the beat of the David Hogg band.

2. Mike G. says:

“We’re not trying to take away your guns.”

“I’m a second amendent guy.”

“I’ll pull out before I come.”

3. Bob M says:

Ahhhh…. the good old days… when we would punch an asshole like that in the mouth and kick him out into the street, not politely ask him to leave.

• hbbill says:

“The mayor of Noblesville literally lied about his visit to the shop. He was never asked to leave and he ended the conversation mid-stream and left without allowing us to plead our case. In other words, he told us his feelings about the situation and then left to join the protesters because the news media had arrived.”

• FriscoKid says:

A politician lie?! I’m shocked!

What a weakassed, manipulative, virtue-signaling, republican-in-name-only, tory fuckstain for a mayor.

4. Unclezip says:

I just happened one day to see an op-ed in the nearest town’s newspaper which set me off. It was written by our mayer, and the tenor was that he was speaking for our town. The whole thing was a typical Bloombuger anti-gun think of the children we’re all culpable talking points rant. I printed it, brought it to the attention of the town’s very prosperous gun smith, bought some popcorn, and sat back for the fireworks. Needless to say, the asshole was voted out in the next cycle.

We like to say there is no violent crime – not even mildly violent – in our town because half of us are armed and the other half are within sprinting distance of the gun shop. All this and we’re only two miles from the busiest interstate in the nation, and only twenty minutes or so from Portutoipia.

5. Ryan says:

Maybe I am a dissenter here but if you
    have little kids in the house guns need to be secured or physically under your direct control. Full stop.

I can’t say that I agree with this guy about other stuff but he has a point there.

• Bacon says:

Ryan, you’re unlikely to find anyone around here who doesn’t practice such basic safe handling techniques. But your comment comes across as rather disingenuous, since you’re simply parroting what the gun grabbers like to repeat.

• Ryan says:

Bacon, It’s an unlikely intersect or they are parroting a good idea.

My beliefs in the constitution are pretty originality and as such I genuinely believe almost every gun law we have is unconstitutional.

You might note I didn’t say I think people should be required by law to store their guns a certain way. I also don’t think there needs to be a law that says you have to lock up guns around kids or that you can’t let small children play with gunpowder and matches or drive race boats alone or juggle chainsaws.

• warhorse says:

or just teach kids not to mess with the guns.

when I was about 8, my dad caught me looking up at the gun rack on the wall. “you like those son? want to look at them?”

he showed me each gun in turn, showing how to check if they were loaded or not, and after I was bored with the whole thing he put them back.

then he said “I will let you look at them any time you like…so long as I am here. if I ever catch to touching them without me being here…my other job is digging graves at the cemetery. no one will notice one more hole. you get me?”

I never had any reason to touch them..the mystery was gone. it wasn’t something “forbidden”. none were ever locked up, and loaded magazines for each were in the little drawer at the bottom of the gun rack.

• Jack Crabb says:

Absolutely, warhorse.

And don’t try to fucking tell me how to raise my kids, Ryan. I may or may not have had my weapons “secured or physically under your direct control. Full stop.” My kids are now grown and out of the house. I didn’t make them wear helmets when they showered, either.

• Ryan says:

If you made poor choices and got lucky I am happy for your children.

However saying a stupid idea is stupid is honesty.

• Ryan says:

There is a point where kids are physically capable of activating a firearm but cannot possibly understand the repercussions of those actions. 3/4/5 year old kids accidentally shooting someone is sadly somewhat common.

Once kids are mature enough and properly trained then you can relax about guns being out. When exactly is a reasonable age for that varies between peoples opinions considerably and is heavily dependent on the kids themselves.

6. Westcoastdeplorable says:

The mayor assumes a lot saying he thinks the gun store is “hurting their business” by opening as planned. These shootings make protecting your family top of mind, and as we all know the “great equalizer” is firearms. This mayor is a dope.

7. Aesop says:

And kudos to Fox59 for revealing that he falsely concocted the whole “kicked out” story.

This is a mayor who needs to be ex-.
    He’s been in office there in Fuddville for fifteen years.
    Long past time to send him back to the private sector.
    And hey, he’s got a website: