Longaberger basket company going out of business

After riding a wave of popularity for its collectible baskets for nearly a decade, the Longaberger Company has announced it is going out of business.

In a message sent to salespeople, published by the Columbus Dispatch, officials of the Ohio-based basket maker offered little details on the closure.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Longaberger basket company going out of business

1. 1911A1 says:

Sounds like they went to Hell in a hand basket.

2. Daryl says:

Wife will survive, the Amish country is still up there.

3. Professor hale says:

It was their business model of sales through personal contacts. It’s the only wa such things can sell. Them, pampered chef, Mary Kay and a few others are like that.

4. Andrew says:

And their baskets were shit. You pay for the name, not the quality. My wife makes baskets, good strong baskets, yet my bitch sil only wanted Longenbergers. Where a little 3 cup size one goes for $70 or so.

Fuck them. Get an Amish basket, better product, actually useful, beautiful and good materials.

Or learn to make your own. Don’t laugh. Good survival skills. And, as long as you understand the concept of a circle, it is actually kinda fun, and calming. And can be done in a pool or cool stream during the heat of the summer, or something to do in the winter in a nice warm cabin where the humidity from the soaked reeds would be good.

Stupid longenberger baskets.

5. crazyeighter says:

Well, I know my former gf will be wearing a black armband this weekend…

6. Heathen says:

I’m surprised,I thought they went out of business years ago. Shows how much attention I gave to them.