More Florida News

Hours after Miami Police Officer Mario Figueroa was charged with misdemeanor assault today after film surfaced of the cop trying to kick a handcuffed man in the head, the city’s police union released a doozy of a statement defending Figueroa and insisting he hadn’t broken the law or department policy.

According to the police union, Figueroa’s attempted face-punting was, in fact, a “de-escalation technique” that proved Figueroa “showed great restraint.” You read that right.
MORE/VIDEO

This entry was posted in Florida, To Protect and Serve. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to More Florida News

1. Winston Smith says:

Well, I guess it would deescalate the problem by making it unconscious if the technique is properly applied.

Honestly, I have no problem with stomping the shit out of someone who deserves it, be it cop or civilian. No such thing as a fair fight except in the sporting arenas.

• bogsidebunny says:

I agree with you Winston. To the cop the violent criminal is the enemy and as some of us were taught once in the service your enemy is your enemy till your enemy is dead. A little toe-tap to the side of the head rather than a bullet in the brain shows great restraint.

• rick says:

Cops are not military. I could fill a book about what that means and why it is important to the citizen whether that citizen is *alleged* to have violated the law.

Cops are neither judges nor executioners. That can be the premise of a second book which promises to be very thick.

2. Mike says:

Maybe that fucker had a solid kick to the head coming.

3. Rob says:

The thug has a union…

4. StBenardnot says:

To all you pig worshippers, the man was HANDCUFFED! I really hope you all are in the same situation one day. Winston, I was in that situation once. Attacked by a pig for no reason. During the scuffle, I kicked him in the head & was looking at ten years. Witnesses told the jury that I was defending myself & the charges were dropped.

• More Kowbell says:

I just hate it when “pigs” attack for no reason. “Witnesses told the jury that I was defending myself & the charges were dropped.” Grand jury or petit jury? What was the state, year and title of the civil action you filed?

5. Antibubba says:

If we are going to break up the unions, I have an idea where to start.