It takes at least four years of college for an enlisted person in the military to become a military “officer,” which is quite a contrast from the mere nine months it takes for a police officer to earn the title. But according to a group of 10 former Austin Police Department recruits who wanted to become peace officers, just like the military, the Austin PD is training “warriors” instead of “guardians.”

The former recruits are now blowing the whistle and claiming that the type of mentality they encountered is not what they signed up for and is not representative of the greater Austin community. KVUE writes:

This entry was posted in To Protect and Serve. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Police Cadets Quit, Expose Dept. for Training Cops to View Public as “Cockroaches” They’re at War With

1. Ed says:

Having spent some time training SWAT officers, I find the information in this article to be a gross generalization. “Cockroaches” is simply a local/regional expression that is not at all universal among police…they call us “assholes” here.

Ed

2. Winston Smith says:

Think about who inner city cops encounter daily. And tell me theyre not at war with those subhumans. At the very least the subhumans are at war with cops and the rest of normal American society.
    The problems come when they have to deal with normal society and cant turn it off depending on the situation. That’s where the chargable atrocities happen.

Snowflakes who had no business thinking they were gonna be cops. Popos do dangerous dirty work where people try to kill them. They need to know that and be ready for it. Comparisons with the military show a total lack of brain cells.

3. wildbill says:

I guess none of these coproach instructors ever heard of the Peelian Principles.

4. Jack Crabb says:

“There’s no such thing as a good cop.”

Repeat until you understand..

• Chet says:

In the past five years or so almost every cop I have met between San Antonio and Dallas metro is a warrior with a big chip on his shoulder. It is no wonder some are getting shot. The last POS county cop that came to my car window was a complete asshole and bully when all we wanted was some directions around some flooded roads. If I could have gotten away with it, I would have shot that millennial scum right between the eyes. And then driven off.

5. Sanders says:

First day of training at the Arizona Law Enforcement Academy in Tucson: “All you need to know is that everyone outside those walls are scum!”

According to my cousin, it only got worse from there. He graduated, but then quit before he hit the streets. Said he had no desire to be the kind of asshole they wanted him to be.

6. Ed says:

I can’t argue most of your post, I had one SWAT cop tell me that “…when you deal with these assholes day in-day out, it’s hard to remember they have their little rights.”

The problem with most cops is that they view everybody as either a victim or a suspect, forgetting that the vast majority of people are law abiding citizens that just want to be left alone.

• rd says:

When you run into one asshole, he is just an asshole.
      If you keep runuing into assholes all day, YOU are the asshole.