Whoa, time for more sensitivity training

LA CAÑADA (CBSLA) — Nearly two weeks ahead of their day of nationwide racial bias training, coffee chain Starbucks is facing new accusations of racism after a Latino customer discovered a racial slur written on his coffee order.

A Latino man named Peter received a cold coffee drink labeled “BEANER.”

“En español es ‘frijoleros’, ‘beaner,’ you know, in English,” said the victim’s friend Miguel Acosta.

“He went to Starbucks, and they asked for his name, and his name is ‘Peter,’ and they wrote this ‘beaner,’ Acosta told CBS2 News through a coworker who was translating. “And he’s saying that’s not fair.”

This entry was posted in Snowflakes. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Whoa, time for more sensitivity training

1. singlestack says:

Reading that article all I could think is that leftists really are mentally ill.
    Betcha anything that when the beaner said “Peter” it came out as “Beaner”.

2. Gearcheck says:

Hahahahaha hahahahaha even the mexicans aren’t safe what is this world coming to? Sensitive little bitches that’s what!

3. rick says:

So, ‘Peter’ needs a translator? Beaner is correct.

4. Mike_C says:

Hahaha!
    1. Agree with Singlestack
    2. I loathe Starbucks, but I think I shall go to the one down the block, order some overpriced burnt swill, and give my name as “Zip”. Or is that too subtle? What do you guys think? Maybe “Slant”? I think “Chink” would just give the game away right there, eh? (Then again, someone was dumb enough to write down “Beaner” so there’s that.)
    3. Should I demand MOAR sensitivity training as reparation for someone hurtfully writing “Zip/Slant/Chink/etc” on my coffee, or just settle for cash?

5. Winston Smith says:

In all fairness, I didn’t know until I was in my 50s that beaner was a nic for Hispanics. Never lived in the west.

And yeah, it was then that I finally understood this: https://hooktube.com/watch?v=vOH7HifL7i4

6. California southpaw says:

That right there’s funny, I don’t care who you are, amigo.