Good, I’m glad

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A New Jersey woman was arrested for allegedly attempting to set an American flag on fire during Philadelphia’s Pride Parade on Sunday.
It happened near 12th and Locust Streets, just after noon.

This entry was posted in Liberals, News. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Good, I’m glad

1. SAM says:

So what happens when some one turns up in a Trump cap and a NRA T-shirt?

• SAM says:

SORRY should have been posted in “Hogg desperately trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame” SORRY again.

• Jane says:

The Gay Republican organization is called the Log Cabin Republicans, formed in honor of Abraham Lincon, before the rumors of possible homosexuality surfaced.

2. Ragnar says:

I’ll probably get hate from some of your readers but here goes.

Wrote here before. 20+ year retired military with 2 trips to the sand box under my belt.

I don’t give a flying fuck if someone burns a flag or kneels during the anthem. Really. Don’t fucking care. None of those attention craving shit heads deserve to be payed attention to. Ignore them. Let them have their tantrum in a vacuum.

Surely you have better things the be concerned about.

• Mike_C says:

No hate, but a partial disagreement. If the tantrum was the only thing that happened in a vacuum I’d be right there with you, but it ISN’T in a vacuum. Flag burning and “taking a knee” are symbolic attacks on these United States, and I am opposed to that. Not for the symbolism, but because failing to challenge such acts emboldens the bad people for other dumbshittery and plain evil that has material adverse effects on our lives.

Now here’s where *I’m* maybe setting myself up for hate. I don’t want either flag burning nor “taking a knee” made illegal. First, people have a right to their express their opinions, even if those opinions are foolish, stupid, or plain wrong. Second, the more outrageous (and hypocritical in the case of those football assholes) the misbehavior is, the more obvious their dumbshittery becomes to the “I’m not very political” guy on the street.

• Andrew says:

Well, I would agree with you except change “American flag” with “Rainbow Pride Flag” or “Cuban Flag” or “ISIS flag” or “Mexican flag” or “Greenpeace flag” or “U.N. flag” or just about any other ‘flag’ being flown besides the US flag and then try setting said different flag on fire in public and see how quickly you get arrested for ‘inciting a riot’ or ‘disturbing the peace’ or ‘hate crimes.’

I think the only two flags left that are more vilified in this country are the Confederate Battle Flag or a Nazi Germany flag, though the Palestinians have been dropping that particular flag on Israelis, so maybe the Nazi flag is okay in certain circumstances.

Heck, try burning a Koran, or any democratic presidential candidate’s book and see if you get treated as easily as if you burn a copy of the Constitution of the United States or a Bible (New or Old Testiment, or both if you’re feeling especially frisky.) The answer, by the way, is ‘No’ as it is badthink to use either a Koran or said presidential candidate’s book for what they are only good for.

So, yes, though it does piss me off, I respect their ‘right’ of free speech. I just want my right of free speech respected as much as their right. I don’t want their rights to be as restricted as my rights, by the way.

Equal protection for equal actions. Equal enforcement of laws. It is what we as the United States are supposed to be about.

Seriously. If someone can walk down the street wearing a pink pussy hat, a Che t-shirt, have a BLM flag in one hand, an ISIS flag in another, with no pants on and a ‘fuck Israel’ strap-on, then I can walk down the street right next to them wearing a Klan hood, a Nazi brownshirt with armband, carrying the Confed battle flag, while wearing a kilt? Answer is ‘no’ as I’d get arrested for disturbing or inciting or hate. (Which is really funny, since 2 of those symbols are Democratic, one’s Socialist, and the other just doesn’t look good on a fat slob like me.)

Again, equal protection. Enforce it. It’s supposed to be the American Way.

• Jane says:

Probably the best way to handle a lot of things, actually.

3. Jane says:

Given that the US ain’rt the easiest place to be queer- but if you want anything easier, the last thing you want to do is piss of the people your dealing with honey!