Now how did I know she was from California…

YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. – A bison has gored a woman for the third animal attack in Yellowstone National Park this week.

Yellowstone officials say a crowd got too close to the bison Wednesday in the Lower Geyser Basin.

The bison charged the crowd, goring 59-year-old Kim Hancock of Santa Rosa, California. Hancock was taken to a hospital with a hip injury and was in good condition.

This entry was posted in California, News. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Now how did I know she was from California…

1. l2a3 says:

I guess “WILD” animal does not mean anything to people now days.

2. STW says:

The emergency room in Cody, Wyoming used to post the top ten reasons for a visit. Damage from a bison was popular enough to make the top ten.

3. rayvet says:

There should be a rule going from here on out in this country. If you live in the city, we deem you too fucking stupid to be allowed to interact with mother nature so just stay the hell at home.

4. idaho bob says:

Stupid fucking tourists! They need to realize that the animals in Yellowstone are WILD animals, not domesticated ones.

5. Stretch says:

When I entered Yellowstone the nice ranger handed me a bright orange sheet of paper. It read “Buffalo can run 45mph. Can you?” Later that day the Smarter Half and I watched a family scurry across a road with Instamatic camera in hand (hey, it was a long time ago) saying “Oh look! It has a calf!” Yes, they were running towards a mommy buffalo and her calf. Alas, Darwin did not win that day. Mommy and calf just wandered off.

6. Sabre22 says:

Just Darwin trying to work. When i visited the Wasatch Mountains National Wildlife refuge Just north of Fort Sill. I rented a car and when i got out to tale pictures of the longhorns (wild) and Bison I used a telephoto lens (1991) and kept the car between me and bison or cow. never had a problem. in wildlife photography telephoto lens are your friends