Those odds were stacked, son

Police in Big Spring, Texas, responded to a shooting call early Friday morning in a home just east of the H-E-B grocery store in town.

At first, witnesses told police the juvenile male who had shot himself in the head committed suicide, according to a news release posted to the Big Spring Police Department Facebook page.

But, according to the release, the physical evidence at the scene pointed in another direction.

Now they say a deadly game of Russian roulette killed the boy. KOSA reported that he was a teenager, but his name has not been released by authorities.

*****

I remember reading in the Modesto Bee back in the 80s about some dumbass that played Russian Roulette with an automatic. I’m not fucking kidding.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Those odds were stacked, son

1. POd American says:

Russian roulette with a pistol is also known as suicide.

2. Sanders says:

Special snowflakes have started using semi-autos for Russian Roulette because then everyone gets a trophy.

3. Andrew says:

Still suicide. He did it himself. Maybe assisted suicide, but still suicide.

Stupid, in this case, does take care of itself.

4. Lindsay says:

Semi-auto?

5. Mike_C says:

> Those odds were stacked, son […]
    > some dumbass that played Russian Roulette with an automatic.

If he used, say, a Glock 26 then the odds would have been double stacked.
    Heh.

Right, I’ll just show myself out the door then, eh?

6. Jimmy the Saint says:

Hey, reporter, if you could quit linking us with the dead kid that we have nothing whatsoever to do with, that would be great, ‘K?
    H-E-B store manager

• MMinLamesa says:

Hey Jimmy, Love your HEBs-we don’t have one in Lamesa so I drive up to Big Spring once a week and catch a swim at the Y and hit HEBs and Wal-Mart(they closed ours about 2 years ago)

Do you think you could start stocking Bok-Choy and Napa Cabbage? Just a thought.

7. California southpaw says:

Austrian roulette if Glock. 17 tried and 17 died.

Bye