“You don’t love me anymore? Is there someone else?”

Breaking up with Facebook is apparently as difficult as breaking up with a bad boyfriend or girlfriend who won’t accept your decision. That’s the experience Henry Grabar of Slate had when he stopped signing on. He stopped logging in on June 6 and stayed off Facebook for ten days. He had been a member for over ten years and this was the longest period he had remained off the social network. But Facebook didn’t leave him alone. He received 17 email messages in a span of nine days urging him to return.
-Stormfax

*****

I got suspended off FB a couple months ago and that pissed me off so bad that when my suspension was up, I went in and suspended my account on my own. There’s a button on the confirmation page that allows you to opt out of emails from them. I clicked that and haven’t gotten a single email from them.

This entry was posted in FB. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to “You don’t love me anymore? Is there someone else?”

1. fjord says:

Not on fascistbook but what I find creepy is when I go virtual shopping (with no intention of buying just looking) and I get constant emails from them letting me know that they know what I was looking at.

which means, even when I do get the money I won’t buy from them. Ever.

I can be reading about a person and decide that I want to learn more about them so I go to google. I’ll type in the first couple letters of their name and I’ll be damned if google doesn’t auto-complete it for me, I don’t care how obscure this person is. Now that’s creepy.

2. The Rat Fink says:

There is life after Facebook. I quit Facebook before they quit me.
    I will no longer knowingly participate in their financial machinations and trickery, nor am I subject to any of their their Politically Correct whims!

3. bobdog says:

Your first mistake was to sign up with Fakebook in the first place.

4. Sanders says:

I never joined the flakebook. If there is an article I want to look at on there, I can look at it through my wife’s account.

5. Noah Bawdy says:

I switched to MeWe.com a while back. Don’t miss FasictBook at all.

6. Heathen says:

To quote the 7-Up commercial – “Never had it, never will!”