Bicyclists Are Just Out There Punching Buses Now

I’ve never accused bicyclists of being smart. Their continued disregard for their own personal safety clearly proves that they are not. No matter how many times one of them gets flattened by a car, they still feel empowered to fly through every red light, carefree and filled with the lunatic certainty that nothing can harm them.
-WiscoDave

This entry was posted in WiscoDave, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Bicyclists Are Just Out There Punching Buses Now

1. Roger says:

Did someone mention a Darwin award candidate?

2. bgarrett says:

Its weird that Americans treat bicycles as toys…unless its an adult riding one. Then its supposed to obey motor vehicle laws.

3. Kenny the Scot says:

Cyclists go down …

4. Kenny the Scot says:

Some good ones here as well …

5. kennymac says:

People who support bike lanes in traffic have blood on their hands.

“With Bicycle Deaths Rising, There’s a Renewed Focus on Sharing the Road”

“The number of biking commuters has grown 51 percent between 2000 and 2016. But that pedal power has come at a high cost in deaths and injuries.”

6. Cederq says:

Just goes to show, get on a bike, get stupid

7. JeremyR says:

Sharing the road is a lot easier when you have all terrain tires.

8. JB says:

Full disclosure: I occasionally ride a mountain bike. But I only do this on designated trails (paved/ unpaved). Part of it is because I enjoy it. But the health aspect and helping me recover from a knee injury was the other reason.

That said, I HATE bicyclists. The closest call I ever had was some idiot pulling right out in front of me and an entire line of other vehicles all driving the speed limit of 45 mph. There was no shoulder. There was no bike lane. He pulled right out in front of me and moved back to the edge. My side view mirror brushed his shoulder as I went by. The car behind me nearly hit him. The care behind them nearly hit him.

All of this happened on a frontage road. He was riding an expensive road bike wearing his ad-laden lycra biking outfit and from the look of the gut hanging out, he would have been better off just staying home.

Bicyclists are some of the most selfish people I’ve ever met. No sympathy.

9. Coyote Hubbard says:

One of the local talk radio guys here in the PNW calls them the “Spandex mafia”.