Gotta wonder how strong that transmission is

-Joe

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Gotta wonder how strong that transmission is

1. What about the suspension?

2. Nemo says:

IDK, looks to me like the trunk lid is already stove in from the weight. Notice the left side trunk lid edge sticking up in the larger picture. In any event, I woldn’t give the occupants of that car a plugged nickles chance of surviving a panic stop, assuming the brakes hold, or a collision anywhere towards the front.

3. stine says:

I got 190k out of the 5-speed in my 94 GT (cobra engine) and that’s with only spinning the wheels on it twice (tires were too expensive). As for the brakes….yeah, mine went through brakes but I was always maximum braking, and driving 8hrs/day delivering building plans.

Unfortunately, at 208k it started to overheat and I just garaged it since I couldn’t figure out why it wouldn’t stay cool.

Blown head gasket?

• Steve the Engineer says:

Had a Ford a Ranger V-6. Engine blew at about $250k miles, blown head gasket. Had not been overheating prior to that, but on removal of the heads most of the coolant channels in the block and particularly in the head were at least 50% occluded with crap. Try removing the t-stat and flushing the shit out of the radiator, use slightly acidic water to increase the solubility of the rust in the engine block cooling water channels. Do that until the flush when you drain it is a lot clearer than the first flush.

• Steve the Engineer says:

“slightly acidic” – mix 1.5 gallons of water with about 1/4 to 1/3 cup muriatic acid. always add the acid to the water in a bucket. never add the water to the acid. wear safety goggles. *

4. Don in Oregon says:

… and the brakes.

5. jack says:

18ga sheet metal on a deck lid? yeah, that’ll totally hold a gooseneck trailer. no problem.

people this stupid should be committed. I am serious. that’s dangerously stupid.

6. CW says:

Not strong enough. I imagine the engineers back at the plant who designed that tranny are holding their heads in their hands and sobbing, “NO, NOOOOO!”

• crazyeighter says:

The parts manager is happy though; he knows he’s about to sell another transmission.

7. Elmo says:

Remember the doofus that was dragging a U-Haul trailer down the freeway while it was laying on it’s side? I believe this is the same person going on vacation.

8. John Eperjesi says:

Lawsuit waiting to happen and it’ll be the travel trailer manufacturers fault.

9. Westcoastdeplorable says:

This will NOT end well. Were I a cop seeing this configuration, it would be the end of their trip.

10. loaded4bear says:

Airite- which state gets to claim this feat of hillbilly engineering?

11. Richard Watson says:

Might want to add some safety chains.

12. Jason says:

One of the funniest things I’ve seen was about 20 years ago. A guy was pulling a Bayliner that was at least 20ft and big enough that it had a small cabin below with a brand new corvette. He even dropped the boat in the river. On the bright side the boat and corvette had matching paint jobs.