Headed to the drive-in on a Friday night

When I was 18, I briefly dated a girl in Georgia that drove a dump truck as her daily ride (seriously) and yeah, a couple times we threw a mattress and a cooler full of beer into the back of her truck and went to the show.

This entry was posted in Cool Pics, White Trash. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Headed to the drive-in on a Friday night

1. grayjohn says:

Gatta park that one on the back row for sure. Looks like a goddamned blast though!

2. geoffcsaltine says:

Looks like fun to me.
    1950? flat bed, park in the back and no one would care.
    Kids down low teens in the middle old folks up on top.

3. Joe says:

Years ago I took my lift bed roofing truck to the boat drags. Worked out great. Put up a cover,loaded on ice chests and chairs. Raised it up to the height of all the motor homes and we were set.Great view of the bikinis strolling by too.

4. Heathen says:

Handy for NASCAR too, just sayin’

5. Westcoastdeplorable says:

I used to drive my Dad’s slop truck to school when I was running late with morning chores and missed the bus. It was a ’61 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 500 gallon tank in the bed. Dad would drive it to work a couple days a week, swing by the brewery on the way home and pick up a load of brewery slop for our hogs. About $2 a load as I recall and it would last about 1/2 the week. Hogs loved it.

• Lynda says:

Our pigs used to enjoy some spent grains from a local craft (small) brewery, but those spent grains free for us. Owners thanked us for hauling it away by filling some take-out jugs of beer for free. Turns out all the nutrition was in the beer cause the pigs couldn’t put on weight with it, so had to keep it as a treat, which slowed down our beer supply.

6. Grandpa says:

Hillbilly ingenuity. Part of what makes this a great country. “If it seems stupid but it works, it ain’t stupid.”

7. Cederq says:

How do the old folks up top get down to go to the head in a hurry?

Play nice.