Tennessee, baby

I checked outside and saw there was absolutely no wind and the sun was shining and I thought to myself “Self, this would be a good time to mount that scope on your little 22 and then go out and zero it.”
As I was boresighting it in my room, the sky opened up and rain started coming down like crazy. THE FUCKING SUN IS STILL SHINING!!!
What. The. Fuck.

This entry was posted in Tennessee, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Tennessee, baby

1. Nifter says:

What they said…………………….Welcome to the right coast

2. Jack says:

I’m south of you WC. Stepped out while ago. the porch was damp, checked the radar, we had a ‘pop up/fade away’ go overhead not too long ago.

3. Roger says:

Aw gee Kenny, wait till you get a bit older. Then you’ll forget what you went out to do when you get there.
    Tuesday I went to my club for my weekly smallbore prone practice. Every Tuesday for years I’ve done this. This Tuesday, I forgot the left hand shooting glove . (the one that protects your hand from the sling and ensures a proper hold on the rifle) and elbow protectors. At least you could retreat to your home, I just had to sit and wait while my friends all had their practice and a few “suggestions” about not forgetting things.

4. JB says:

Monday it rained in my back yard, but was dry in the front. Welcome to God’s country… heh

5. Richard Watson says:

Look for the rainbow.

6. Winston Smith says:

As a child in TN this was described as “the boogerman beating his wife”.

Don’t ask. I don’t know.

7. singlestack says:

When it rains when the sun is shining the devil is beating his wife with a frying pan.

8. Andrew says:

In the words of Tennessee hill-folk, “The Devil’s beating his wife.”

9. martin says:

never had a range day in the rain?

Dude, I came from California. It doesn’t rain there.
      I just came in from zeroing. I waited an hour, the sky cleared and the wind died so I walked the 50 yards and did my range time. Tennessee, baby. We don’t cancel events here because of weather, we just postpone them for an hour.

10. Sarthurk says:

Sounds like the Western Orygun coast. At least the conservative part.
    Our local range has a covered 600 meter rifle range, (only the -10 to zero yard part of the range is covered), with a huge wood stove that’s sometime used to cook good food on during an event. We also have a covered 25 meter pistol range, and, well, Check out the web site.

11. Bad_Brad says:

No such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothes. On another note, Northern Cali’s weather forecast is 100 plus for the foreseeable future. Uh, I might have just wrecked my original statement myself. I hate when that happens.

12. Texan says:

Kenny,
    I think moving to TN goes in your book entitled, “The Best Decisions I’ve Made In My Life”. I can tell it suits you and I can envision you smiling while you were sighting in that .22.

Yup on both counts. I never regretted my decision to move here and I zeroed and confirmed in 9 rounds – but I shot the rest of the box just because.

13. rick says:

Should we call the waambulance?

For 22 straight weeks, my only day off in the week was wet, cold, windy. All day. The other days of the week were beautifulyl sunny. For 22 straight weeks.

14. Tennessee Budd says:

Yep. The sun may be shining from over yonder, but the rain is right overhead. It’ll move.