What the hell is the deal with Atlanta and Waffle House?

A gunman in an angry clown mask is on the run after shooting a customer early Tuesday at a northwest Atlanta Waffle House, police said.

Officials told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution the customer was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in stable condition after being shot in the neck.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to What the hell is the deal with Atlanta and Waffle House?

1. jack says:

I guess this one’s too obvious for “guess the race”?

2. Winston Smith says:

Its Atlanta- nothing unusual. Full of chimps being chimps.

3. Westcoastdeplorable says:

Gotta watch out when you go to the “Omelet Shop” too!

4. Volchek says:

Waffle House bills itself as a gun free zone…. that might have something to do with it. I haven’t eaten in a Waffle House in years. I might place an order for pick-up,rarely, but I don’t eat inside.

5. Rob says:

There are a lot of Waffle Houses in Georgia. A Lot!

• Tsquared says:

Corporate office is in Norcross on the NE side of Atlanta.

WH also has full coverage CCTV of everywhere inside the building with the exception of inside the bathrooms. They also have full coverage of the parking lot and have at least 2 views of everybody entering/exiting the front door.

6. Skipperdaddy says:

Fuckabuncha waffles

7. jack says:

I read about a bbq joint in Durham NC that posted “no guns allowed” signs and the liberal candyass owner had some really nasty things to say about gun owners overcompensating for small anatomy; they weren’t welcome at his upscale restaurant.

two weeks later, the place was robbbed at gunpoint. no ccw armed customers meant the crime was easy and low risk.

I wrote the owner and asked if schaudenfreud was on the menu, served with a side of irony. never heard back.

8. Ogrrre says:

This is obviously “fake news”, since WaffleHouse has declared all their stores to be Gun Free Zones. “Gun Free Zone” means that no one carries a gun on the property. No gun, no way to shoot.