Bag it, boys

Two completely drug-resistant versions of the venereal disease have been found and identified – with fears rampant unprotected sex could rigger an epidemic.

Doctors have been unable to treat patients with antibiotic ceftriaxone and azithromycin.

And sufferers have been left with a gonorrhoea – also known as the clap – infection that causes extreme pain during urination.

Australia’s federal government has issued a report warning of the risk of the “continuing threat of antimicrobial resistance by dangerous bacteria”.

Officials added another five strains of gonorrhoea have been found which have “high level resistance” to treatments.

This entry was posted in WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Bag it, boys

1. rd says:

The dirty little secret they refuse to mention is that these diseases are being developed and spread mostly by male to male sex. Don’t despair, It will enter the broader hetero world within a year.

Practice safe sex. Wrap that wiener. Stay away from druggies, pros, and promiscuous homosexuals.

• arc says:

Pretty much why a lot of people (myself included) don’t attend fur conventions. Can’t trust people to be clean.

• Exile1981 says:

Actually all the original cases are in returning ISIS fighters. I guess sharing sheep is a bad idea.

2. crazyeighter says:

News like this make me sort of glad I’m on the injured/disabled list, but I worry about the grandsons.

3. Sanders says:

Now where do you reckon that could have come from?

Perhaps importing third-world goat rapers brought it in?

4. Scarecrow says:

Who riggers a V.D. epidemic?

5. Mals says:

I could never understand why people don’t use condoms. Pausing in the festivities to put one on is like half time at a football game.

6. Steve (SpecOpr8r) says:

If only there was a large island in the South Pacific we could quarantine them to … Oh wait never mind!

7. Jac says:

I notice the article shows pictures of two white (presumably) heterosexual couples (“It’s all WHITEYS’ fault!!”). CDC stats show that, in order of most-to-least infected, the rankings are blacks, Hispanics, whites and Asians. You can search online for other nations’ STI rates. Yes rd, the ‘downlow bruthas’ are kickin it

• Brian P. says:

I wonder how closey those stats might relate to the average percentages of monogamous relationships seen across each demographic.

8. Judy says:

They failed to mention that syphilis has moved into the antibiotic resistant category, also. Know who your sex partner is and has been sleeping with!