Flatt & Scruggs

This entry was posted in Music, Videos. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Flatt & Scruggs

1. philinpueblo says:

I just love bluegrass music. It speaks to my soul like no other style. F & S were still with Bill Monroe, but they left later for their own group – I understand it really pissed Monroe off – no matter, it was all great music. Thanks for the video.

No problem, man. Bluegrass and western swing are my earliest musical memories. Kinda like comfort food, you know?

• philinpueblo says:

Agree with you about western swing. San Antonio Rose is one of my favorite songs, ever. It’s a great town to visit too, if you’ve never been there.

• Odgreen says:

Great selection Kenny, my 18 yr old son is our banjo player, I can play any stringed instrument (bass is my main one) but rolling the banjo escapes me somehow! My son makes it look easy, Earl Scruggs music has been a big part of his drive to excell! After we watched this, we got out the gear, cracked open a couple cold ones and headed for the deck overlooking the pond. Man, what a life!

2. bozeman MTskibum says:

Nice pick! The college station at MT State University has a long running tradition of bluegrass and folk on Saturdays. Syndicated “Mountain Stage” followed by bluegrass in the mornings and “Americana Backroads” early afternoon. I remember it going back at least 20 years, to my middle school years, and still going strong. Every Saturday is now Bluegrass Saturday for me no matter what i’m up too. Camping, slumming the house, out on the highway etc… Pisses off some folks on the camping crew but it has to happen. Made this a tradition back in my late teens while stationed in Germany to put me at ease when I was missing Montana, the Rockies, and having both feet on home turf in the good old USA!

3. pigpen51 says:

I remember Saturdays, we would go about 40 miles to do the grocery shopping, and then to visit my dad’s brother and family. They would usually play cards until evening, then we would load back up in the car and drive home, listening to the Grand Ole Opry on the AM radio.

The music that they call country now leaves me longing for the old days. Of course, there are still some who have talent. But there are more that I would call pop music singers, not country. Man, it makes me feel old to talk about the better music when I was young.

I will listen to the entire video tomorrow, but thanks for putting this up.

4. stine says:

Saw them in Mobile, AL, a long time ago, but they were quite grey.

5. Westcoastdeplorable says:

Great beer-drinking music. BTW I found the PILOT (as in episode #1) of “The Beverly Hillbillies”.
    It’s a hoot! https://youtu.be/-JJG7lu-O8Q

6. =TW= says:

Lonesome Reuben

Good stuff.

7. many thanks. watched them when i was a kid in huntington, west virginia.
    enjoyed it .