It takes a big man to beat a 71 year old

MANTECA, Calif. (KCRA) — A man and a teenager were arrested in connection with the attack of a 71-year-old man who was walking around a Manteca park, police said Wednesday.

Tyrone McAllister, 18, and a 16-year-old boy were taken into custody. Both were arrested on charges of attempted robbery, elder abuse and assault with a deadly weapon, according to the police department.

McAllister is the son of Union City Police Chief Darryl McAllister, KCRA confirmed with Manteca police. The family is “devastated” by the incident, and are estranged from Tyrone McAllister, according to the Manteca Police Department.
-Elmo

*****

My buddy Woody used to live in Manteca and I occasionally passed through it going back and forth to work. It’s a fairly nice town, mostly commuters that traveled back and forth to the Bay Area.
It sure doesn’t seem like something like this would happen there.

This entry was posted in California, WTF?. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to It takes a big man to beat a 71 year old

1. bogsidebunny says:

This is exactly why I (legally) carry when I leave the house. At 76 I’m too old to fight, too old to run, but too young to die. On the other hand a feral 18 year old who comes at me with evil is never too young to die. Sadly, some states don’t afford it’s mature citizens the opportunity to defend themselves.

2. surfin' bird says:

Tyrone, Schmyrone. Drop down to the babe in the next KCRA story, “Caretaker scrubs giant alligator’s back with push broom.” She can scrub my back anytime!

3. gamachinist says:

Wirecutter,

Things can change seemingly almost overnight in a town or county. Read up on Clayton County GA ( my home town area) a few years back ( things haven’t changed much since , other than most of the same problems have moved into the surrounding counties ). By the way, GA has lots of small counties, so only a few miles can change the county address at times. Clayton is one of the smaller ones, just south of Atlanta. If you have flown out of the Atlanta airport (ATL), you’ve probably been in Clayton county if just for a minute or two.

I’m ready to leave the place I’ve been for thirty years because of the changes here ( one county south of Clayton) . It used to be a nice small town, convenient to Atlanta for business or pleasure etc. Then came the outlet mall, traffic can be a nightmare on I 75 anytime of the day any day of the week, which backs up the highway though town. More cheap houses, more crime, more traffic in general, and the only industry we attract to replace what little there was here is distribution centers with more truck traffic and not so great pay.

Kudos to the police chief father. Most of the cops I know here would have swept it under a rug given the chance, although he may have not had that chance since his name was involved right from the beginning.

4. crazyeighter says:

Let’s watch this case and see if Tyrone and his assistant get a worse treatment than the Berkeley Bike Lock assaulter.

5. James says:

Tyrone, huh? Just another example of out-of-control Amish yoots!

6. Westcoastdeplorable says:

I used to work for a Radio station licensed to Manteca. It became a Bay area bedroom community during the 90’s and lots of “planned communities” were built; then the crash hit in 2008 and foreclosures reigned. I guess they’re still reeling from the effects. Anyway there’s no excuse for this kinda crap; I suggest this guy carry some pepper spray or some sorta non-lethal weapon if he can’t get a CCW.

7. anonymous says:

Lot of meaness in this world, but assaulting elderly people who have done nothing to harm another is hitting near the bottom of the barrel (harming kids and animals is the lowest in my opinion). I’m willing to bet this guy will plead down, and in the future cause even more damage.